Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dharpernz
Frequent Visitor

Linking within App but not opening a new window

I've created an App which has three separate published PowerBI's how do I create a link from one of the published powerBI's to another published powerBI's without openning a new browser window?  Trying to create a Hub like experience (as MS suggests the purpose of an App) but openning separate tabs isn't great UX

Many thanks

David

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dharpernz ,

Could you please Accept a helpful post as the solution to make the thread closed. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

There hasn't been anything helpful yet!

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dharpernz ,

According to my understanding, you may have confused these two concepts:

1. Apps :  Combine related content -- dashboards, spreadsheets, datasets, and reports -- all in one place. And they are published in Power BI service.

2. Power Mobile apps : In which you could view and interact with shared dashboards and reports.

If so, you better to migrate this thread here:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app

And for your question, the left app navigation pane (below the name of the app is the list of content) is used to switch to different reports/dashboards without opening a new window.

Eyelyn9_0-1632104498314.png

Refer to:

Install and use apps with dashboards and reports in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

What are the Power BI mobile apps? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Creating Embedded Reports in Your Web Apps with Power BI Embedded

How to Embed Power BI Reports and Dashboards in your Applications

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks aware of the menu but that isn't a hub experience when you're trying to help people navigate the story which involves numerous interrelated PowerBI's, they would need to know where to go.

Thanks for advising I'd put in the wrong group trust MS to  have similar names!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors