Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomFranceschine

Link to open Power BI iPhone App from Dynamics 365

My organization wants to set up a link in Dynamics 365 that will redirect users to a specific Workspace within Power BI. I've had success using the "Redirect" method described by Microsoft (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-apps-deep-link-specific-location) when clicking the link from the desktop, however from the iPhone I end up seeing the following error in the app:

Couldn't open link

Looks like we couldn't open this link. It may be broken or unsupported on this device.

I've tried a number of URLs, but the one that got us the closest to desired functionality was:

https://app.powerbi.com/Redirect?action=OpenApp&groupObjectId=*guid*

Note, we've successfully used Microsoft's method above to link to a specific report, but we're trying to also provide a link that will just display the user's list of available reports in a Workspace. Any advice appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @TomFranceschine ,

The app does not support linking to a workspace, only to report, dashboard or app.

Have you consider publishing the workspace as App? This way you could use deeplinking to the app.

Maya 

That's a really great suggestion. I will try implementing this and let you know!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomFranceschine,

I think your requirement should more relate to development of power bi, you can consider using rest api to get all available reports of a specific workspace based on the user id.

Reports - Get Reports In Group 

I'm not so sure if these codes work well on dynamic 365, perhaps you can take a look at following blog if it helps:

Rest API GET call in JSON format in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply, Xiaoxin! A json list isn't exactly what we're trying to accomplish. Realistically, we just want to redirect users from the Dynamics app to the Power BI app when they click a link. A list of reports from a REST request would just display them within Dynamics. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors