Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aruntd77
Helper I
Helper I

Link to dashboard opening in browser

Dear Friends,

I am trying to use the Link option on a Tile in the Dashboard.

For the tile I linked to some other Dashboard URL. However I am seeing behaviour issues based on the role set.

If I am admin of the group, I was able to navigate to other dasboard within the App. However if I am not an admin/member of the group, then when click on the tile to navigate to the dashboard, app uses "Browser" to open the new linked dashboard which is incosistency in the behaviour of the app.

Is there a way to open the dashboard within the same app instead of browser?

Thanks

Arun

3 REPLIES 3
guiribeiro

Some new about this problem? I need link one dashboard to another dashboard, but it's still oppening is browser and I need that it opens in the app.

Hi @guiribeiro,

Can you please tell us which device are you using?

As far as i understand there are two dashboards in this stroy - dashboard A that links to dashboard B.

And there are two users - Admin and not admin.

Questions:

How does the non-admin user consume dashboard A? is it from my-workspace? or from the group?

Does the non-admin user has access to the group? if he/she is a member, can the member edit or can view only?

Can you send the url that is in the custom url that you defined (no need to share just copy paste the url. you can send it to me in a private message)? I am trying to understand if the link is to the group or to my-workspace.

Thanks,

Yaron

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@aruntd77

I reproduced your scenario. When we add custom link (pointing to a dashboard created in another group), if the user doesn't have permission on that group, it will always navigate to a browser. And it always shows blank page even this dashboard is already shared to the user. We have reported this issue internally.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors