Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

triff

Issue with refreshing some data on ios

I am having a problem with Power BI with one of my customers when viewing dashboards on IOS.

The dashboard refreshes quickly and correctly but when you click on one of the panels to look at the details it show very old data. If you then click on the graph icon to see the actual report it is all correct.

So the problem is that intermediate level and not the tile or the report itself.

7 REPLIES 7
triff

When we look at the dashboard it is ok and when we look at the report it is ok.

The problem is when you tap a tile (and it may be one perticular tile) and see the detail view that shows data from days ago. The data gets updated every two hours but this one view never changes.

I am sure it is a display issue because the data on the dashboard and the report are correct and it is just the daskboard detail view that is wrong.

@triff

Does this issue occur on all tiles or just a specific one? And what's the data source for that tile?

Can you share some screenshots if possible?

Regards,

Simon Hou

Hi

sorry for not replying sooner but Christmas got in the way. 

Anyway here is is what I have found with some research. 

The data set is sales by customer and item by date. We have about 10,000 customer but may be a few hundred in a day. There are about 70,000 item may be 25,000 items are live and a few thousand different item in a day. 

The issue only happens on the iOS client, it is fine on the web version and the android version and even on the web on iPhone or iPad.  

The view sales by customer works fine on the iOS client

It is only the view sales by item that has the issue. 

Also so we have two implientations of this model and the same happens on both versions. But this may be relevant we are trying to do top 20 item but the rankx calculation on the new implementation always errors with a run out of resources error.  We never get that error with the top 20 customers. 

The datasource is an on premises SQL server using a data gateway to update the data every two hours. 

I prefer not not to give screenshot on a public website but would be happy to email them because it is real sales data

regards 

Paul Baxter

Hi

Ok I have now worked out what is going on, when you click on a table which has been added to a dashboard, it takes you to a detailed view of that data. But it does not apply the page filter, which in out case is a date filter for today, but when you go into the report it does show the data with the page filter applied.

In the web view you do not get the detailed tile view, you go straight from the dashboard to the report.

So I think this is a bug and when you show the detail of a table tile on a dashboard, the page and report filters should also be applied which are correctly showing on the dashboard.

Regards

Paul Baxter

@triff

The similar issue is already reported internally. It will be fixed soon.

Regards,

Simon Hou

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@triff

I haven't reproduced your issue. When I update the data in dataset and republish the .pbix onto Power  BI Service, both dashboard and report are updated almost immediately on Power BI Mobile App. I guess it might be a display issue since reports should be updated before the dashboard. How long is that delay in your scenario?

Regards,

Hi, That is a grate idea. I am also having the same issue and finally you solved it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors