Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cbarrettEM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is there a report size limit that the ios app can not open?

Morning,

I am running PBIRS Jan '19 on internal servers & am unable to view a specific report on the ios app (17.4 on ios 12.1.4). I can view other reports in the ios app that are on this server, but there is one particular report that will not open in the app itself. I can open the report using safari on my iphone. The report is about 20mb file on my hard drive. When I try to open it in the app, it stays flashing 'Loading Report' but does nothing else for up to 10 minutes. I can see all the interactions back and forth on the logs and they are all showing rsSuccess. Any ideas?

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cbarrettEM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Answered my own question on this after hours and hours of testing

One of my imported visualizations from Microsoft BI marketplace, that wasnt even being used in the report, is incompatible with the ios app and it causes the entire report to fail to load ... even though it wasnt being used.

I have a lot of imported visualizations and I gave up deleting them 1 by 1, so did them in chunks ... will update when i figure out which one(s) are the culprit!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cbarrettEM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Answered my own question on this after hours and hours of testing

One of my imported visualizations from Microsoft BI marketplace, that wasnt even being used in the report, is incompatible with the ios app and it causes the entire report to fail to load ... even though it wasnt being used.

I have a lot of imported visualizations and I gave up deleting them 1 by 1, so did them in chunks ... will update when i figure out which one(s) are the culprit!

Did you ever figure out which custom visual did not work with this report?  I have a similar situation and would love to know.

Hey @Roseventura , @cbarrettEM 

Our goal is that every visual (include custom visuals) will be supported in the mobile apps.

Can you please let us know which visual does not load in the app? We will look into it and contact the visual developer.

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors