Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

scharern
Frequent Visitor

Is barcode scanner filter broken again?

I know that at various points in the past the barcode scanner for iPhone didn't correctly filter the value on a report. I'm experiencing that behavior again... the scanner will open the correct report but will not apply the barcode value as a filter to the report page. Is it broken again?

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @scharern ,

We are not aware of any issue with barcode scanning.

Can you please share with us a pbix report and a barcode that you are scannign and cannot be found, to help us investigate your issue? Please use this email - mpbisup@microsoft.com

Thanks, Maya

jbgonzalez
Frequent Visitor

Hi @scharern 

I am having the same issue now in september 2019. I wonder if the case now, is because of the recently mobile iOS app update.

Hey @jbgonzalez ,

We are not aware of any issue with barcode scanning.

Can you please share with us a pbix report and a barcode that you are scannign and cannot be found, to help us investigate your issue?

Please use this email - mpbisup@microsoft.com

Thanks, Maya

Thanks @mshenhav for your answers.

Unfurtunately I can not supply the Pbix file. At this moment, I discarded for the moment this barcode project and move to other report projects, but as soon as I get back to it, I will check and I'll let you know if we have the same issue.

Best regards,

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @scharern ,

Can you please provide more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario?(e.g. app version, ios system version, device type...)
BTW, can you confirm you have correctly setup barcode filter fields on your report?

Tag barcodes in Power BI Desktop for the mobile apps

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors