Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FletchNZ
Frequent Visitor

Ipad app forcing Multi Select on table visual

Hi All, 

I have created a dashboard that uses a table as a filter, and when a record is selected in the table I use SelectedValue() to show more details on the selected record. Report works great in the web but once tested on the Ipad app I find the table visual forces Multiselect so when they try to swap from one record to another it selects both. 

I have tried all other Table and filter visuals in the app store but nothing will let me display 3 columns and force a single select table.

Are there any other DAX options or anything else I can use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @FletchNZ,

AFAIK, table visual not contain any multiple selections features, normally you can only use 'control + click' to force selection multiple items.

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following document to enable the 'multi-select' option on your report page and test if this works on table visual: (if this also not works, it means your requirement still not available on the mobile app side)

Report multi select in the mobile app 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @FletchNZ,

AFAIK, table visual not contain any multiple selections features, normally you can only use 'control + click' to force selection multiple items.

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following document to enable the 'multi-select' option on your report page and test if this works on table visual: (if this also not works, it means your requirement still not available on the mobile app side)

Report multi select in the mobile app 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

You legend, I had to demo this to the CEO tomorrow and was dreading it but now its working as intended.

I never thought the Multi select option would be in the app not the table options

FletchNZ
Frequent Visitor

Screenshot

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors