Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FletchNZ
Frequent Visitor

Ipad app - Weblink action with link between multiple reports in the same app eventually crashes a

Hi Guys, 

Im trying to Find out the best way to to navigate between separate reports in the same app.

Currently I use buttons with the action weblink, however in the Ipad app, navigating back and forwards using the weblink action will cause the app to crash with a memory error as it opens a new report each time. 

As the they are separate reports I cannot use page naviagation and the Back option wont work out side of 1 report.

Any ideas how I can navigate between 2 report in the same app without the new page?

exampleexample

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FletchNZ,

So you mean this scenario only appears when test on the web browser on ipad?  If this is a case, I think this should more relate to the compatibility issue between power bi service and iPad devices.
I'd like to suggest open a support ticket to report this to power bi dev team to fix this.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

No it happens in the powerBI IPad app.

it goes like this

1. Clicking a weblink action opens a new dashboard  (weblink goes to a another report in the same dashboard app) 
  2. New dashboard opens, then you want to return to the prior Dashboard, only option that works is Weblink back to the prior Dashboard
  3. Clicking the weblink opens a new copy of the first dashboard - there are now 3 dashboards/reports open in the PBI Ipad app but only show the current one. 
  4. repeat process... Click another weblink, opens another dashboard and the PBI Ipad app will crash as it cant handle so many dashboards open.

Should I still raise an issue for this?

Hey @FletchNZ ,

The app should not crash in this scenario (or in any other scenario...).

Can you please contact us at Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>, to help us investigate your issue?

Thanks, Maya

Thanks, Ill sort out a screen record and craft up a demo to show whats going on and send it through.

Thanks heaps,

F

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors