Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonaskrbl

Interactions between filter on mobile vs desktop version

Hello, 

i am trying to convert a desktop version of a report to a mobile version. Everything works great besides one thing.

On my desktop version I have edited that the "year" filter doesn't affect a table with values. This was made with the "edit interactions" option in the "visual interactions" menu. This works for the desktop version.

When I look into my mobile version the "year" filter is filtering the table with values even tough I haven't editet the interactions.

So to sum this up: With the same preferences I get different solutions for the desktop and the mobile version because in the desktop the "year" doesn't filter the table but in the mobile version it does.

Logically I want both versions to behave the same.

Also I can't edit the interactions of visuals (one filters or not filters the other) in the mobile version.

I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jonaskrbl 

I am sorry for this inconvenience; we are planning to have the fix in the next Power BI Desktop release.

Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @jonaskrbl,

Thank you for sharing.

We do have a bug and we are working on a fix.

Meanwhile please be aware that if no change has been done to mobile visual setting in the report (using the new feature “Mobile formatting setting”) , while you will experience the issue in the desktop mobile layout it will work properly when viewing the report in the mobile  app.

Thanks,

Michal

Hello @michalfoster ,

many many thanks for the quick answer and the open communication. 

Because this is affecting our intern dashboard launch I would appreciate  a comment on a timescale for fixing this issue. 

Are we talking about days or months?

This would affect our next actions so many thanks for this in advance and a nice day for you and your team. 😊

Jonas

Hi @jonaskrbl ,

The support for the Interaction in mobile formatting is available in Desktop April release.
I hope you find it useful
Thanks,
Michal

Hi @jonaskrbl 

I am sorry for this inconvenience; we are planning to have the fix in the next Power BI Desktop release.

Thanks,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors