Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mario1000
Advocate I
Advocate I

Images not always showing in mobile app

Hi all,

Since last week we are experiencing a weird behavior in the mobile app. In some devices the visual images are visible and in others they are not. The images are either simply headers or bookmarks. In any case case, the bookmarks work properly (even thouth the image is not rendered).

We have tried with different devices and these are the results:

DeviceOSRendered images?
Iphone13.7No
Iphone14No
Iphone13.6Yes
Iphone13.7Yes
Iphone13.7Yes

So the iOS version does not seem to be the issue here. Therefore, what other variables could be causing this?

Is this perhaps a known bug? We did certainly not experienced it before.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Mario1000 ,

Can you please share screen capture of your report with and without image rendered? 

Can you check if pull-to-refresh brings back the image? Can it be a network issue?

Thanks, Maya

Hi @mshenhav ,

Left is the correctly rendered mobile report and right is the one in which images on top are not rendering (for security reasons I have to blur the screenshots):

Mobile 1.jpgMobile 2.jpg

It is just a rendering issue because as I said, in all cases, the links/bookmarks are working, so the object is there.

Pull to refresh data does not solve it.

I will try to check a couple more cases to see whether I can identity a specific iOS version causing it... Otherwise I have no clue what can it be.

Thanks!

Hi again,

So it looks it is not OS related but local mobile memory related. I did the following:

1. Duplicate report with different name.

2. Publish (without modifying anything)

Then, the rendering is all correct (in the devices in which was not rendering before).

So apparently the mobile device is keeping something in memory and does not allow some users to visualize the images (even if I remove them and put them back again). Does anyone know what exactly is going on? And how to avoid it or at least control it?

Thanks

Hi @Mario1000,

According to your description, it sounds relates to offline cache feature. 

If this is a case, you can take a look at the following document about mobile app offline cache and connect the wifi network instead of the phone network to enable online data loading.

View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps 
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors