Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jjmauras
Advocate I
Advocate I

IOS App Not Working/Refreshing

I'm new to the mobile side so please bear with me.

Simply, my manager has the Power BI app on his IPhone. The data on it however is out of date. When trying to view the dashboards/reports all he gets is the spinning refresh notification but nothing happens.  It's been going on for about a month. I'm running it on Android with no difficulty. Is there something I'm missing? I really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DLH
Frequent Visitor

After I updated the Power BI App on my phone to version 10.7, everthing started to refresh - I am thinking a fix must have helped with the refreshing. Possibly the load more than 100 rows? It appears to be working now.

Thanks,

Diane

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the issue is 

1) User can see only some dashboards.

And

2) If the phone is an I Phone

As described by one user in the forum Uninstalling and Installing does work great.

Note : The phone does not prompt to update the App, but yes, Uninstall and Install Power BI and all works great.

alexjohn
Frequent Visitor

format the phone and see

DLH
Frequent Visitor

After I updated the Power BI App on my phone to version 10.7, everthing started to refresh - I am thinking a fix must have helped with the refreshing. Possibly the load more than 100 rows? It appears to be working now.

Thanks,

Diane

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am experience the same issue with my Power BI mobile version 15.2 on my Iphone.

It works fine on desktop, online but it is not retrieving mapa data on my iphone (version 11.2). 

Please, i need your help!

Thank you in advance,

Clara 

alexjohn
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I also faced the same issue as you said. But later I have formatted my phone and checked it worked. Try and see it will work for you also

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@jjmauras

As I tested, when my dataset was refreshed, it almost synchronized immediately on Power BI mobile app. I suggest you update Power BI Mobile IOS app into latest version (version 9.5 released on Sept 25, 2016). It should work properly.

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft 

Hello and thank you for responding. It is fully updated with the latest version. The only thing that appears is a spinning white refresh screen. I'm almost convinced now it's something specific to his phone as other users using IOS have no issue.  I'm just hoping someone ran across this and has an idea for a fix. Thanks again.

Hi @jjmauras

I sent you a private massage with request for more information so we can better assist you.

Thanks for contacting us!

Roy Gal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I need your help.

I am experience an issue in my Power BI mobile. The excel data on it however is out of date. When trying to view the dashboards/reports all he gets is the spinning refresh notification but nothing happens. The dashboard is getting data from Excel file, which is in onedrive shared with everyone.

I have the last version of my Power BI mobile (15.2) on my Iphone (version 11.2). 

It works fine on desktop, online but it is not retrieving mapa data on my iphone.

Thank you!

DLH
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue - Was this ever resolved? How can we troubleshoot this issue?

My iphone Power BI is Version 10.4
iOS level is 10.0.2

Connecting via SQL Server Reporting Services to out SQL Server 2016 mobile reporting dashboards -

Odd thing is that some of them refresh..

Thanks,
Diane

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors