Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperlinks Not Working from Dashboard on Power BI Mobile

So I have created a dashboard with hyperlinks that connect to a specific record in Salesforce from Power BI. Works great on the Desktop and on the web, but it doesn't work on the Power BI app. 

I'm wondering if there's a way to get hyperlines to work on the Power BI App, if there's something that I might be doing wrong, or if there's a setting I need to adjust.  I'm specifically using the iPad version of the Power BI App, which is version 9.1. My iPad is on OS version 10.0.2.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Jonathan 

4 REPLIES 4
yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @Anonymous,

To clarify your question - on what tile tyoe are you using hyperlinks?

Can you attach a screenshot or just answer this question by saying if the tile contains a live report page/table/other single visual?

Are there more than one hyperlinks on a single tile on a dashboard or one hyperlink per tile?

Thanks,

Yaron

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yaronc,

Thanks for the response. To clarify, I'm currently using a table and listing out the URL for each record. So there is typically a listing of records each with its own URL depending on how the user has sliced the data. 

If you're familiar with SalesForce, the URL for each record is simply a combination of a static component (salesforce.com) combined with an ID (003j000.........) so that the user goes to the specific contact record. Right now, it's not a live table due to the number of contact records, but it's on a regular refresh schedule. 

And when I tested it again this morning, I can click on the link, it will turn yellow onclick, but then nothing happens. So it appears the app doesn't recognize that I'm clicking on a URL. I also have tried "holding down" on the URL in order to try copying it, but that option does not appear.

Jonathan 

Hi @Anonymous,

This feature is not yet  supported.

You can vote and subscribe to updates for the feature using the link below. More votes for an idea helps us prioritize and build that feature more quickly, and by subscribing you’ll get updates when we plan and complete the idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10775586-ability-to-click-select-hyperlinks-and-or-copy-in

Thanks,

Yaron

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, @yaronc

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that. I've gone and put in my votes.

Jonathan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors