Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nelsonym
Frequent Visitor

How to view Power BI Reports offline on Power BI Mobile App

I developed a power bi reports using power bi desktop and published it on power bi service using power bi PPU license. Now I tested the power bi reports using mobile power bi app and it is accessible.

How to access the power bi reports when power bi mobile app is offline? I can't get the offline mode working. Note that I have only used built-in visuals: cards, slicers, cluserted column and bar charts, and donut chart and dataset is imported.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @nelsonym ,

1) What do you mean "I can't get the offline mode working"? The app should allow you to open and view (but not apply filter, slicers or data selection) reports that you have accessed when you were online also while you're offline. 

2) What platform (IOS/Android) are you using?

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nelsonym ,

Reports based on DirectQuery or live connection are not cached and are not available offline.

vstephenmsft_0-1662514819549.png

View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nelsonym ,

Reports based on DirectQuery or live connection are not cached and are not available offline.

vstephenmsft_0-1662514819549.png

View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok, so slicer won't on offline mode. But dashboard interaction will work, so logically I should replace slicer with an alternative approach that'll will work on offline mode. This would mean having a different version with the online dashboard. Hope MS PBI team should make the slicer work on mobile offline soon.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @nelsonym ,

1) What do you mean "I can't get the offline mode working"? The app should allow you to open and view (but not apply filter, slicers or data selection) reports that you have accessed when you were online also while you're offline. 

2) What platform (IOS/Android) are you using?

Thanks, Maya

Hi @maya ,

We're testing it on andriod platform - Samsung Galaxy, Real Me, Huawei, etc. We'll try having a working aroiund of not using a slicer. But this would make us maintain two versions of dashboard - one for online and one for offline use.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S21+ Ultra

See sample screen shots:

p2p2p1p1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors