Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarioLenz
Frequent Visitor

How to match the layout of desktop and mobile (landscape!) dashboard ? Resolution issues

Hello,
I am trying this already for quite a while: I have a site background image (Table) from Powerpoint (1280*720) and created a nice landing page (with overlayed  flags/images as header for the table in the background image) for desktop/web users. The same page will (obviously) not be displayed in the iPhone portrait mode, consequently my audience has to turn the device by 90° to get into the  landscape mode. which is perfectly ok

The question is now how to align and match the positioned images/flags with the header so they stay where they are when going from the desktop dashboard to the mobile (landscape) dashboard? By now, they will always be shifted with increasing offset from left to right.

I noticed that several other people had similar issues due to the automatic optimization for mobile devices based on the content. But as I don't know how this is done in the background (and how to manipulate it) I was now playing a lot with different resolutions but am thinking that the report is just stretched somehow.

Thank you for every help

5 REPLIES 5
Resolutions
Regular Visitor

Hello @MarioLenz 

It sounds like you're facing challenges with the alignment and positioning of images/flags in your Power BI report when transitioning from desktop to mobile (landscape) view. Here are some suggestions to address this issue:Use Relative Positioning: Instead of relying on absolute positioning for your images/flags, consider using relative positioning. This means positioning elements based on their relationship to other elements on the page rather than fixed coordinates. This can help maintain alignment across different screen sizes and orientations.Responsive Design Techniques: Apply responsive design techniques to your Power BI report layout. This includes using techniques such as CSS media queries to adjust the layout and styling based on the screen size and orientation. You can specify different positioning or styling rules for desktop and mobile views to ensure that elements are displayed appropriately.Viewport Settings: Check the viewport settings in your Power BI report to ensure that it's configured to adapt to different screen sizes and orientations. Power BI has built-in capabilities for optimizing reports for mobile devices, but you may need to adjust the settings to achieve the desired behavior.Test and Iterate: Test your report on various devices and screen sizes to identify any alignment issues and iterate on your design accordingly. Make adjustments as needed to ensure that the layout remains consistent and visually appealing across different devices.Consult Power BI Community: If you're still facing challenges, consider seeking assistance from the Power BI community forums or reaching out to the Power BI support team for guidance. Other users may have encountered similar issues and can offer valuable insights and solutions.By implementing these suggestions and experimenting with different techniques, you should be able to achieve consistent alignment and positioning of images/flags in your Power BI report across different devices and orientations.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. Also, how are you doing today? Remember, every challenge is an opportunity for growth.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarioLenz ,

I haven't found any document mention how these content layout optimize on power bi mobile app. I'd like to suggest you to contact mobile team to get more support.

In addition, you can try to modify report view layout on power bi service side:

Page display settings in a Power BI report

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Xiaoxin,
thank you for your answer.
I already tried to use the different page sizes but this is only affecting the Desktop and Web layout, which are identical. However, the mobile view is - and I guess this is due to the different screen sizes - completely offset for unclear reasons. But I will contact the mobile team

Thx
Mario

Hey @MarioLenz ,

Can you share your PBIX file with us for review? We will try to help you with setting the background image to best fit mobile.

Please send us the file to mpbisup@microsoft.com

Thanks, Maya

Ensuring consistent layout between desktop and mobile (landscape) dashboards can be challenging due to resolution issues. One method is to adapt the design to accommodate various screen sizes and orientations. For instance, creating a responsive design that adjusts elements such as background images and headers based on device specifications can help maintain uniformity across platforms. In the context of Minecraft Official, implementing a similar approach could enhance user experience by ensuring seamless navigation and visual coherence regardless of the device used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors