Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PrabhakarReddy

How to disable tooltips in text table in mobile view

Hi,

I have created a report in Power Bi Desktop, which is having matrix and text tables in it. When i open the text table and matrix in desktop view in power bi service i am not finding any tooltips, but in the mobile view tooltips are showing. Can you please suggest how to disable this tooltips in mobile view in Power BI Service.

Thanks,

PrabhakarReddy

10 REPLIES 10
pgarcia
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yarivm , @PrabhakarReddy , @mshenhav , @gmaciel , @michaelfox 

I'm using Power BI Mobile App in Windows and I want that tooltip/hover not show in table, becasue this tooltip/ hover limits the view of the table/matrix.

Tooltip Hover.PNG

How Could I fix it?

Many thanks.

Best regards 

Xperl
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Is that topic solved ?

I have the same issue :

IMG_2460.PNG

My end users are not satisfied because the reading of the tables and matrix is particularly complicated due to theses tooltips ...

Thanks for your answers !

Benjamin

HI

The tooltip showing when you scroll the table/matrix in mobile is a bug and we are working on a fix for that.

The fix should be ported to all customers by Monday next week.

Thanks

Yariv

As a temporary work-around to this issue, I've created a report page tooltip for the table visual.  It links to a blank page with a custom size of 1 x 1 pixel.  Now when a user hovers over the table, only a teeny tiny tooltips shows.

Hey All,

The fix for this has been deployed to production. 

The correct behavior is that tooltip should not pop while scrolling, but only when you long tap on a data point.

There is no need to upgrade the app to get the fix (this is a service-side fix), just kill the app and re-launch it.

If you still having problem, please contact us directly - Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

Thank You, Maya

Update:
Due to some azure deployment issues, not all the regions got the fix.
Fix should be ported to all regions by Sunday.

Thanks
Yariv

Is it available in South America? It looks like we haven't got the fix yet.

Hi

Please verify the fix on Sunday.

You will need to kill the app and reopen.

tool tips should be avilable on table only during long press, but they wont be disabled.

Thanks

Yariv

They have and will shirk their oversight. The citizens desperately need non-politicians to hold these systems accountable. On paper graders i found report about it

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @PrabhakarReddy,

The tooltip showing when you scroll the table/matrix in mobile is a bug and we are working on a fix for that.

Regards, 

Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors