Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bcobrien1977
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hiding a menu button on left hand side navigation

Hi,

I have been using buttons and a main menu to help people navigate to the appropriate place in the desktop/web/app version of the file.  What I want to do is remove the flow Metrics from the left hand side because I have a button for it (along with others).  When I download the PBIX file, I cannot seem to figure out how to do it.  Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

APP MENU SCREESSHOT.png

4 REPLIES 4
WillATT

Hide all the pages except one and the navigation pane on the left will disappear. For the hidden pages, make sure to include them in your navigation buttons. If you don't want to show a hidden page, mark it as a tooltip

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcobrien1977 ,

Sorry I did not receive your screenshots.

What does the Date slicer button mean? The options above the visuals?

Eyelyn9_0-1656912233960.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

bcobrien1977
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks.  How you would hide the "Date Slicer" button but keep the rest of them active? I sent you a scren shot of the APP that I am using a desktop to take the snapshot. Thanks

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcobrien1977 ,

The screeshot you provided seems to be in a published app not in Power Mobile Apps(an application on device).

So if you just wnat to hide the left pane, please click the button to hide the navigation pane.

Eyelyn9_0-1656640075820.png

If I'm misunderstanding, please provide more details about your problem to help us clarify your scenario.

Refer to:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

What are the Power BI mobile apps? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors