Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Esqueceme Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Gauge Titles didn't work in mobile view

Hi!!

I'm trying to create a mobile views for a set of reports but, when i opened the reports in my cellphones the chart titles disapear.  

MobilePreview.PNGScreenshot_20170909-143953.png

11 REPLIES 11
Dennis99 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Gauge Titles didn't work in mobile view

Also in other visuals my titles in mobile view don't work at all, I think it is a bug and will soon be solved. (I hope)

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dennis99,

I can't reproduce your issue, the title shows when I click on gauge chart.

4.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

Hi Xiaoxin,

That is not the issue, since a few days, the title is not showing up in mobile view (Iphone), if you click on the chart you can see the title, but it is not showing in the gauge chart itself, all titles are not showing in all the visuals I am using.

People do not know now what a value means now, if they are using the mobile view.

Example: In red what I mean

Mobile view in power Bi desktop

View with Title.png

Mobile view on phone

View with without title.png

Power BI Team RGMS
Power BI Team

Hi All,

Power BI desktop allows for a lot of customization on a visualization's title, a title can have a lot of font types, font sizes colors and background colors.

This formatting is shared between the desktop layout and the phone layout.

Since a phone is much smaller than your desktop screen, having the same titles in both the desktop view and the phone one may result in a sub-optimal experience.

To accommodate this, phone reports optimizes the visualization title and places it on top of the visualization in the phone report.

To view the visualization's title, select the visualization in your phone report's view by simply tapping it this will show the visualizations header menu and it's title.

If you feel like we should address this issue, we encourage you to submit an idea in our ideas forum here.

We thank you for your feedback.

Thanks,

Roy Gal
Frequent Visitor

This is a serious design change, removing the titles in mobile view means I have to rebuild some of my reports with Text fields now.

You can't ask users to click on every visualization to know what a value means ?

It was fine the way it was....

e-Liz New Member

I have to say, it seems rather silly to show the title when you build the mobile view (and have it look decent, even!) and then have it disappear once the mobile version is live on the phone. Why would we not want the titles present? We have the option to hide the titles already. Selecting that we want to see the titles on the report view should also affect the mobile view. 

Power BI Team RGMS
Power BI Team

You can always use the landscape view to see the report exactly as it was originally designed.

We have added this requirement to our backlog – stay tuned for future Power BI releases for updates.

Thanks again for taking the time and providing this valuable feedback.

Roy Gal
Esqueceme Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RGMS it is very important for me. The client does not want to click to see the title. If i dont want to show, i can hide in chart option (it is already available). When do you expect this feature will be changed? 

S_loke Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Can you please confirm that this has been the behaviour all throughout?  I'm fairly certain that this behavious is actually new and a result of recent changes. 

If it is a recent change, perhaps it is a bug and could be address accordingly instead of having to wait for enough votes and a release?

In terms of turning the device to landscape view to see all titles, that defeats the purpose of a mobile view

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 3,020 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: