Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IC_SLFLORES
Helper II
Helper II

Free Enterprise License

I feel like this is a obvious question given that the support documentation says otherwise but I want to confirm -- users with a free license, regardless if it is a enterprise based account, can access reports on the app for a workspace correct? Is there a limit to how many reports they can access and see? 

I am a novel pbi administrator and was told my predecesor instructed everyone that was using pbi (viewing only -- not creating content) needed at least a pro license. 

I was under the impression a free license could view a report under a app or a PPU workspace. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @IC_SLFLORES , 

Free license users only have My Workspace, cannot create or enter Classic Workspaces and New Workspaces, and can only view their own reports in My Workspace. Free license users cannot view a shared report unless the report is in premium capacity. 

vstephenmsft_0-1650247135799.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IC_SLFLORES ,

Sorry for bothering you. Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?

If you could, please accept the helpful reply as a solution, more people will benefit.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

Sorry about that! Accepted 🙂

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @IC_SLFLORES , 

Free license users only have My Workspace, cannot create or enter Classic Workspaces and New Workspaces, and can only view their own reports in My Workspace. Free license users cannot view a shared report unless the report is in premium capacity. 

vstephenmsft_0-1650247135799.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you!! To make sure I'm understanding, when you say premium capacity, I change the setting from "Pro" to "Premium" on workspace settings correct? I have a PPU license and was going to switch the workspace to "premium" but I wasn't sure if I was misinterpretting the documenation support on microsoft. 

Hi @IC_SLFLORES ,

Not PPU, please look at the following details.

Only Power BI Permium capacity could consume content without a per-user license, which means that shared reports can be viewed without a license.

vstephenmsft_0-1650332836694.png

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors