Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sharksguts
Frequent Visitor

Format Date and Time

When you add the Power BI report as a tab in Microsoft Teams the date format is shown as US format mm/dd/yyyy.

The date format is fine in Power BI desktop and on the Power BI (browser) as long as you set the right language in your browser.

However the Android mobile app and Teams desktop app still show the wrong format.

I have searched the forums but have only found a bug in the past that they say is now fixed.

The date format is in a slicer and a card to show when it was last refreshed.

image.png

I have set the region on the user setting in microsoft teams.

image.png

6 REPLIES 6
marcopol
Frequent Visitor

Why can't Microsoft make products that handle different date formats? There's always a problem with dates either timezones or formats.

PROLIFEFOODS
Regular Visitor

Still having this issue, Desktop, Web Browsers are showing DD/MM/YYYY but the report when added as a tab in MS Teams is showing MM/DD/YYYY

nickdewitt
Frequent Visitor

Any updates to this? I am having the same Issue, only when adding a power bi report to teams.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Sharksguts,

AFAIK, these datetime format is based on device setting , maybe you can try to modify language and region settings on your android device and try again.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Both on android phone and windows 7 PC browser I believe I have set the language and region correctly but still shows the date in the wrong format. I have even tried IE as well as firefox and chrome.

image.png

image.png

Have found part of the solution from this https://superfarb.com/power-bi-customising-date-format/

Change the language to defualt (browser language) and the date format displays correctly in all browsers as long as you have set the browser language correctly.

So the browser now shows the format correctly however Teams and Android App still don't, Is there a place the language is set for these that I am missing?

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors