Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form based authentication while connecting to SSRS

Hi,

While connecting PowerBI App to SSRS 2016 server, can I use form based authentication ?

Regards,

Ashish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Form based authentication is not supported today in the mobile apps, but this is something we're considering to add later on.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SDAmbrosio

It has been 4 years since the first report of this lack, but unfortunately I see that the functionality has not yet been implemented...
Please vote the idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=73281adb-5220-488b-92b5-2390d6a36f9b

RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Not sure what is form authentication.

When connecting to SSRS you can use basic or NTLM authentication

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Form based authentication is the custom authentication in SSRS.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281383.aspx

Regards,

Ashish

Hi,

Form based authentication is not supported today in the mobile apps, but this is something we're considering to add later on.

Thanks,

Gabi

sameers
Frequent Visitor

I have implemented Forms Authentication in Power BI Reporting Service and now I need to implement SAML 2.0 based Single Sign On (SSO). Do Microsoft Power BI supports SSO with or without SAML ? If yes, can you tell me how can I do that? I binged on it but couldn't get any help.

Regards,

Sam

Hey Sam,

are you refering to the mobile app or Power BI Service/Web?

thanks Maya

sameers
Frequent Visitor

I have implemented Forms Authentication in Power BI Reporting Service and now I need to implement SAML 2.0 based Single Sign On (SSO). Do Microsoft Power BI supports SSO with or without SAML ? If yes, can you tell me how can I do that? I binged on it but couldn't get any help.

Regards,

Sam

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

We really need this.  we added a custom auth provider to SSRS.  Shouldn't the mobile app support it?  I believe this is a gap making it impossible to use the mobile app unless you use standard authentication (AD).  Could you please resolve the issue.  Forms auth should work just like it does on the SSRS 2016 now.

thanks

Hi,

We have that on our backlog but this is not prioritized high at the moment, since we didn't get many customer requests for that.

Please open an idea for that, so we could see how much interest this requirement is getting in order to prioritize accordingly.

Thanks,

Gabi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors