Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Font not rendering correctly

Currently on our mobile report we are using Calibri font, but apparently the font in the mobile is being replace by Times New Roman!

This is breaking our UI and UX very badly. Anyone experiencing the same?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
hughcjohnson

I have the same issue. PBI Desktop report is using Calibri. A customer accessing the published report on the web, via a Mac sees Times New Roman. Any suggestions to fix this?

michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi,

Power BI fonts are now available on mobile devices (iOS and Android) supporting the full range of fonts available in Power BI Desktop.

This means that in the mobile app, your reports will look exactly as you designed them, with the same fonts that you chose while creating the reports in Desktop!

Thanks,

Michal

AnonymousPerson
Advocate V
Advocate V

When designing for users on an iPhone, you can safely use 4 completely outdated fonts: Arial, Courier New, Tahoma and Verdana.  That's it.  Everything else might get turned to times new roman.

Have fun

israelcevans
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the same problem with Calibri being replaced by what looks like Times New Roman. I have Calibri installed on my machine, of course and I'm developing the report in Desktop PowerBI and trying to view it in the browser interface after publishing it.

Hi @israelcevans 

Power BI fonts are now available on mobile devices (iOS and Android) supporting the full range of fonts available in Power BI Desktop.

This means that in the mobile app, your reports will look exactly as you designed them, with the same fonts that you chose while creating the reports in Desktop!

Thanks,

Michal

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did this font installed on your mobile device? If not, I think power bi will use available font from your device instead of download correspond font and installed it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say the font is installed because in some cases it shows correctly and in other cases it does not... For example when using different font sizes...

HI @Anonymous ,

I think it may cause with something internal reasons on report loading(httprequest, authorization...), maybe you can contact to mobile support team to ask them to trace report loading operations to find out the issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors