Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stringer
Regular Visitor

Error message on running Power BI for Mobile on first boot up.

Hi,

Just trying to access my Power BI report from my recently installed Power BI on my Android 5.0 phone.

Getting the followng error:

Web Page Not Available:

net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Any ideas.

I have seen a few issues on this when doing a quick google search, but can't find anything related to Power BI, and it is the first time I see this error on a phone I have had for a year Samsung S5.

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

I was starting to give up on this query and have been getting by using desktop and online version.

Deleted android app and re-installed.

Can report that all looks good. Dashboard opens up and can open reports and view.

Thanks for sorting and getting back to me.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Our team needs more information to further investigate and solve the problem.

Please provide the following details:

Type of mobile device type:

OS version:  

Region/country/language:

App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):

Steps to re-create the issue you reported:

Thank you for your help,

Power BI for Mobile Team

OK,

Will attempt to provide further info:

Type of mobile device type: Samsung S5

OS version:  Android Version 5.0

Region/country/language: Australia

App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app): 2.2.160215.11752

Steps to re-create the issue you reported: OK, will provide brief.

1. Have used Power BI Desktop to get familiar with Intelligence Reports.

2. Decided to open a free online account initally to see online version. (Had to sign up for new microsoft account).

3. Then saw on desktop Power BI that there was a mobile version, so grabbed my mobile device and downloaded Power BI App from Google Play.

4. Installed app on device and can see the 2 dashboards that i have uploaded to the online Power BI interface - No problems.

5. But when I tap one of the dashboards, it comes up with that error message explained above.

So, haven't been able to do anything with mobile app, as this message prevents me from opening up the report to view.

After this happened, I did go to settings and turn 'on' the Allow Power BI to open links within internal browser.... but that didn't solve the problem.

Cheers,

Hey,

I was starting to give up on this query and have been getting by using desktop and online version.

Deleted android app and re-installed.

Can report that all looks good. Dashboard opens up and can open reports and view.

Thanks for sorting and getting back to me.

Cheers,

Photo to help

error messageerror message

Hi @Stringer,

The latest update for Power BI android app  available in the store includes many quality and stabilisation fixes.

We believe that the issue above should be resolved. Please update your app and check if this issue occurs again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors