Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mtgarden
Frequent Visitor

Error after login

I'm using IOS and the app works fine from home. At work, we are having issues with utilizing the tool while on the corporate network.

We do not set any proxy settings.

The network does automatically route traffic through the BlueCoat proxy for filtering and security.

I tried to wireshark my iPhone utilizing Apple's Xcode and tried a dump from a wifi AP, but everything appears properly encrypted and I'm not getting much.

I also noticed that the new Sway app also has trouble on our network. My thinking is that these new MS apps are doing something different and I can't determine the change. Can someone point me in a direction for further testing? 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Dana
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We received your emails on our different support channels.

After investigating part of the issue, we sent you an email today asking you to provide us with more details.

Please send us the following details to support@powerbi.email or simply reply to the email we sent you :

1. Please send us your GEO location

2. Please send us a screenshot of the error message you recieve?

3. Did you check the issue with your IT manager? It might be related to the network settings and in this case we think it can help.

Please send us the details so we can further investigate the issue and help you solve it.

Thank you,

Dana.

mtgarden
Frequent Visitor

Support: Thank you for reaching out, I've responded to the email and look forward to working with you.

Hi,

I have checked the issue and we currently don't support BlueCoat.

We are suggesting that you will use a different network connection options until we will be able to offer support for this kind of connections.

Thank you,

Dana.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mtgarden did you bring this up to the attention of your network folks? This maybe a firewall setting that tries to decrypt things that it should not be decrypting or maybe they need to whitelist PowerBI.com and other Microsoft sites.

PowerBI.com works from any browser including on mobile devices. It is only when the app tries to connect that errors occur.

mtgarden
Frequent Visitor

Not receiving replies from MS is frustrating. We've submitted the "Frowns" from the app (repeatedly) and now through the website here, but we are not receiving any assistance with the mobile app. 

Can we get any feedback at all?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors