Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KenSkinner
Frequent Visitor

Embedded PowerApps Security Sign In

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.   I have a Power BI report with an  embedded PowerApp that has been working fine until today.  It's a very simple app that takes data from the Power BI report and sends it as an email on the press of a button.  The only thing showing in the app is the button.

I updated my iOS (to 12.2) yesterday and now when I open the report on my iPhone the button is replaced by the message "For security reasons, we need you to sign in once more.".  It has a button beneath it that when pressed presents this message "Pop-up blocked - please disable any pop-up blockers to sign in."

I had to sign in again when I first opened the report on my iPhone so obviously I lost my cached ID/password with the iOS upgrade.  But I've gone to all three of the browsers and disabled the pop up blocker with no luck.

I opened the report in Power BI desktop and saw the same message in the app there as well.  But here it allowed me to log in and see the correct button.  So I saved the report and republished it.  Unfortunately that didn't help.  I've closed the app on my phone to force a refresh of the report and still no luck.  Shut down the phone - no luck

I opened Power BI from my browser on my phone and pulled up the report and could see the button.  But of course that was showing the desktop version and not the iPhone view as it does when I open the report using the Power BI app.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @KenSkinner ,

The issue is solved now. 

Thanks for reporting it,

Maya

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @KenSkinner ,

The issue is solved now. 

Thanks for reporting it,

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue has recurrred: endless signin required.  The problem resurfaced May 29, 2019 around 3:00 PM US Central Daylight Savings time.  The PBI PowerApp opens properly in the Teams Web browser but not in our local corporate Teams.

Hey @Anonymous ,

Is this related to Power BI Mobile app or to PowerApp?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned in my earlier post, I have a Power BI report with an embedded PowerApps visual.  It works in the Teams web browser. 

In the Teams desktop app it gives the sign in message "Sign in to start using PowerApps."  When you press the sign in button, no sign in window opens.   

The same thing happens in the Teams mobile app.

The problem was fixed, it resurfaced on May 29th.

Hey @Anonymous ,

Thanks for reporting this. 

We contacted PowerApps team to investigate.

Maya

Hey @Anonymous ,

It should be working now. Can you please verify?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is working now.  Thanks.

Yes - it's back to normal now.  Thank you very much as I can now continue down this path with other Power BI/PowerApps possibilities.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ken, Did you find a solution to this issue.  I have a similar issue - a Power BI report with a embedded PowerApp.  I added it to Teams and it gives the sign in message but no sign in window opens.  The PBI was working until sometime in April 2019.  It works in the web version of Teams but not in our corporate Teams app.

Hey @Anonymous ,

The PowerApp visual team is working on fixing this issue. I hope it will be available soon.

I will update this forum conversation once the fix will be released.

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

mshenhav,  the PowerApp signin issue was working correctly on May 21, 2019; is it officially fixed?

Thanks, Carol

Yes, this is fixed now.

Thanks, Maya

Fixed Solution -this was in the ICS board, moved to archive posts

Thank you!!

I was going to post this in the PowerApp community as suggested above, but my company hasn't cleared some sort of admin setting and so I was blocked at the moment for posting there.  Saved me the trouble of doing so.  The feature of embedding a PowerApp into my mobile Power BI is a huge plus.  I had just started finding things I could do with that new feature when the error showed up.  Thanks in advance for posting when it's solved.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KenSkinner ,

According to your description, it sounds like more related to powerapp. I'd like to suggest provide more detail information and post to powerapp forum to get better support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, I'll do that.  I wasn't sure whether to post this in Power BI or Power Apps, but you might be right so I'll try over there.  Thanks again for replying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors