Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DropDown Slicer Options Not Displaying on iPad App and Safari

I just updated both my iPad OS and the most recent Power BI app version. I have modified many of my slicers on a particular dashboard to be drop downs, this has helped enomously to save canvas space. 

Everything works fine on the desktop and my PC browser, but the slicer dropdowns won't display any options on the iPad App, nor do they show any options when I go into Safari. The dropdown menu itself appears, but when I attempt to click on it to select an option, I cannot see any options to select. 

Incidentally, I can change the dropdown back to a list and the list options itself will appear, but it appears to be a bug on the app or with the OS that won't allow any options to display in the dropdown mode.

I've tested the Android App and it seems like that's working fine as well. 

Any one else notice this? Know of a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Does this isse persist in the latest release?

Regards,

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Tirnovar
Frequent Visitor

This issue is back... And not just for iOS but also for Android inside Power BI Mobile apps

Hey @Tirnovar ,

Is your app connected to Power BI Online service or to Report Server?

Can you share a screencapture and PBIX file with the issue? since we are unable to reproduce the issue in our test environment.

Thanks, 

Maya

Issue is on Power BI Online Service. If we want users to get to more results, they has to use Search bar in slicer

Hi @Tirnovar 

Can you please elaborate on the issue and provide step to reproduce it? We are unable to reproduce the issue in our environment.

If you can share screen capture and the pbix file it will help us to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Michal

Hi @michalfoster ,

I cannot share it publicly, but we can call, and I can show it to you.

Kind regards 

Can you please contact us using this email address mpbisup@microsoft.com, and we will try to help.

Please provide all the details in your mail as well.

Thanks,

Michal

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I can reproduce your issue. There are serveral threads reporting this issue.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ISSUE-Dropdown-mobile-update-28-Nov/m-p/95837#M40378

We have reported this issue internally. The fix is checked in already. It will get to production soon.

Regards,

Simon Hou

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-sihou-msft,

We noticed another odd thing with the drop down slicer that I thought I'd let you know about. Most of my slicers have the "Select All" option On and the "Single Select" option Off.

When I have a slicer with just two options, I can select one (slicer itself works fine), but the drop down shows the opposite and so it looks like I have the other one selected, when in fact I don't.

When I have more than one option available and only one option selected, the drop down shows (by default) Multiple Selected, even though I only have one selected. When I select two options (with only a third one remaining, unchecked), the unchecked one appears in the drop down as if I had that one selected.

So there's some oddness going on there as well. These are relatively minor since the slicers themselves still work, but can cause some confusion. 

@Anonymous

Does this isse persist in the latest release?

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-sihou-msft,

Thanks for staying on top of this and for asking. I'm happy to report that it looks like the iPad app and Safari Browser are both working as expected with the Power BI drop down slicers. Good to go.

I cannot tell you how often I now find myself touting Microsoft and the very quick and responsive support that I get from the Power BI team. Exceptional work getting this squared away. Thanks!

Jonathan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and thanks to jschlereth for posting.  The new drop down option is great but I noticed the same issue this past weekend while trying to use the app from home.  I appreciate you putting resources to this.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-sihou-msft,

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know.

Jonathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors