cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschlereth Advocate IV
Advocate IV

DropDown Slicer Options Not Displaying on iPad App and Safari

I just updated both my iPad OS and the most recent Power BI app version. I have modified many of my slicers on a particular dashboard to be drop downs, this has helped enomously to save canvas space. 

Everything works fine on the desktop and my PC browser, but the slicer dropdowns won't display any options on the iPad App, nor do they show any options when I go into Safari. The dropdown menu itself appears, but when I attempt to click on it to select an option, I cannot see any options to select. 

Incidentally, I can change the dropdown back to a list and the list options itself will appear, but it appears to be a bug on the app or with the OS that won't allow any options to display in the dropdown mode.

I've tested the Android App and it seems like that's working fine as well. 

Any one else notice this? Know of a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: DropDown Slicer Options Not Displaying on iPad App and Safari

@jschlereth

Does this isse persist in the latest release?

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator v-sihou-msft

@jschlereth

I can reproduce your issue. There are serveral threads reporting this issue.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ISSUE-Dropdown-mobile-update-28-Nov/m-p/95837#M40378

We have reported this issue internally. The fix is checked in already. It will get to production soon.

Regards,

Simon Hou

jschlereth Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@v-sihou-msft,

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know.

Jonathan

dmb33875 Helper II
Helper II

Thank you and thanks to jschlereth for posting.  The new drop down option is great but I noticed the same issue this past weekend while trying to use the app from home.  I appreciate you putting resources to this.  

jschlereth Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@v-sihou-msft,

We noticed another odd thing with the drop down slicer that I thought I'd let you know about. Most of my slicers have the "Select All" option On and the "Single Select" option Off.

When I have a slicer with just two options, I can select one (slicer itself works fine), but the drop down shows the opposite and so it looks like I have the other one selected, when in fact I don't.

When I have more than one option available and only one option selected, the drop down shows (by default) Multiple Selected, even though I only have one selected. When I select two options (with only a third one remaining, unchecked), the unchecked one appears in the drop down as if I had that one selected.

So there's some oddness going on there as well. These are relatively minor since the slicers themselves still work, but can cause some confusion. 

Moderator v-sihou-msft

@jschlereth

Does this isse persist in the latest release?

Regards,

View solution in original post

jschlereth Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@v-sihou-msft,

Thanks for staying on top of this and for asking. I'm happy to report that it looks like the iPad app and Safari Browser are both working as expected with the Power BI drop down slicers. Good to go.

I cannot tell you how often I now find myself touting Microsoft and the very quick and responsive support that I get from the Power BI team. Exceptional work getting this squared away. Thanks!

Jonathan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors