Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through not working in Power BI mobile apps

I added a drill through feature to a table in Power BI Desktop and it works in Desktop and in Service. I am having difficulties when trying to get this feature to work in the mobile app. I click on a record within the table that has the drill through feature applied, but nothing pops up when I click to take me to a new page.

Do I need to interact with the table in a certain way? i.e. press and hold to see the drill through option?

Is drill through in mobile apps not supported for a table? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

July release of Power BI Desktop has now tooltip for Table and Matrix visuals (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2018-feature-summary/). With that, drill up/down/through in mobile is enabled for these visuals.

Make sure you enable tooltips in desktop for those visuals (there is a new toggle option to enable/disable tooltip).

Thanks Maya

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tejasvaria-kpmg

I agree - Nov  update seems to have broken the drill-through page feature. 

Hi @tejasvaria-kpmg,

Thank you for reporting, we were unable to reproduce the issue.

Can you please specify which device you are using iOS/Android, Phone/Tablet?

And from which visuals you have been try to use the drill options?

Thanks,

Michal

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

July release of Power BI Desktop has now tooltip for Table and Matrix visuals (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2018-feature-summary/). With that, drill up/down/through in mobile is enabled for these visuals.

Make sure you enable tooltips in desktop for those visuals (there is a new toggle option to enable/disable tooltip).

Thanks Maya

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Current power bi mobile support to drill through feature, you can refer to below link to know more about this feature:

Power BI Service and Mobile May Feature Summary

Notice: current drillthrough feature not works on summary axis/column.

Drill through filter is not working

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors