Frequent Visitor

Drill down options not working

Can anybody tell me if the drill down option is working right now?

Established Member

Re: Drill down options not working

Hey @LuisG2407,

Drill down is working as expected.

Make sure you have hierarchy defined correctly in your report as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill.

This article describes the expected experience in Power BI Mobile app, once the drill down is defined:  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-down-up-in-power-bi-mobile-apps/

Thanks, 

Maya

Frequent Visitor

Weird, in powerbi service drilldown is already active when i check the report, but when i go to the app is like if it were disabled
Established Member

Hey @LuisG2407,

Drill actions appear in mobile in the tooltip box as down, up and right arrows on the bottom of the tooltip box.

Can you share a screenshot of how the tooltip looks like when appears on a data point that suppose to have drill down?

Thanks, Maya

Frequent Visitor

Hi @mshenhav,

2 weeks ago on my iphone and ipad i was able to see the same top panel to drill down (Image 1). This monday,  i was able to "explore the graphic" and the the options showed on Image 3. Is there a way i can go back to the view on the Image 1?IpadPBI.pngImage 1PBIIphone.jpgImage 2PBIIphone2.jpgImage 3

Established Member

Hey @LuisG2407,

You need to turn off "modern visual header" in your report setting (using Power BI Desktop).

this will bring back the original header on top of your visual.

in addition, did you know that if you long-press inside your visual on a datapoint, you will get the mobile tooltip, which in the bottom has drill actions as well?

Thanks, Maya

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

did you know that if you long-press inside your visual on a datapoint, you will get the mobile tooltip, which in the bottom has drill actions as well?

The problem with this is i cant see the "Expand to the next level option".  For example if i have the month and date heriarchy and i use the drill down on the month 2 it will expand to show me the dates only of that month or is a way i can see the date for all the months?

You need to turn off "modern visual header" in your report setting (using Power BI Desktop)

I tried this but didnt help me, because what i want to see is the drill down/ drill up /expand to next level options  on my mobile