Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill down options not working

Can anybody tell me if the drill down option is working right now?

10 REPLIES 10
alexandrerx
Regular Visitor

Same problem, 5 years after. I tried thoses solutions but drilldown is still impossible. at the third level the map doesn't appear

Hey @alexandrerx ,

Can you please elaborate more on what you are trying to do and not working for you?

Drill downs in Power BI mobile apps is working through a long tap on a data point and pick the drill down option from the tooltip menu...

Thanks, Maya

Hello Maya,

Before going to mobile, on power bi desktop with mapbox, it is impossible to set up a 3 drill down choropleth.

Everything is well configured both at the data level and in Mapbox. I have three different layers set up properly. For example, I can perfectly display levels 1 and 2 on two levels, as well as levels 2 and 3 and 1 and 3.

There is a logical overlay that works on two levels but not on three.

I tried everything but nothing works. 

Can you help me ?

best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to turn on the Header icon option in your General Settings on a viusal level tab. 

suifyanshaikh_0-1645792227439.png

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Anonymous,

Drill down is working as expected.

Make sure you have hierarchy defined correctly in your report as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill.

This article describes the expected experience in Power BI Mobile app, once the drill down is defined:  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-down-up-in-power-bi-mobile-apps/

Thanks, 

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird, in powerbi service drilldown is already active when i check the report, but when i go to the app is like if it were disabled

Hey @Anonymous,

Drill actions appear in mobile in the tooltip box as down, up and right arrows on the bottom of the tooltip box.

Can you share a screenshot of how the tooltip looks like when appears on a data point that suppose to have drill down?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav,

2 weeks ago on my iphone and ipad i was able to see the same top panel to drill down (Image 1). This monday,  i was able to "explore the graphic" and the the options showed on Image 3. Is there a way i can go back to the view on the Image 1?Image 1Image 1Image 2Image 2Image 3Image 3

Hey @Anonymous,

You need to turn off "modern visual header" in your report setting (using Power BI Desktop).

this will bring back the original header on top of your visual.

in addition, did you know that if you long-press inside your visual on a datapoint, you will get the mobile tooltip, which in the bottom has drill actions as well?

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

did you know that if you long-press inside your visual on a datapoint, you will get the mobile tooltip, which in the bottom has drill actions as well?

The problem with this is i cant see the "Expand to the next level option".  For example if i have the month and date heriarchy and i use the drill down on the month 2 it will expand to show me the dates only of that month or is a way i can see the date for all the months?

You need to turn off "modern visual header" in your report setting (using Power BI Desktop)

I tried this but didnt help me, because what i want to see is the drill down/ drill up /expand to next level options  on my mobile

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors