Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cvaughn67
Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill down not working on iPad Air

It appears that a recent update has removed the drill down feature from all of my reports when viewed on an iPad. I am on an iPad Air that is up to date on the PBI app and iOS. I have used the feature many times over the last few months by clicking on the down arrow in the top right hand corner of the visual but that button is no longer there. Is there a way to bring this back? I am presenting to our executive staff in 2 days and had planned to highlight this feature.

3 REPLIES 3
tomhawley
Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill down buttons were removed from the service a few days ago and the drill down mode moved into a separate menu. Naturally! Why make something one click when it can be two clicks?

There's a blog post and 30+ negative responses to it, and eventually a link to a post suggesting they've decided to undo this in the coming days. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/where-did-drill-down-go/

There are any number of problems with what happened here, but above all else, the very idea that these buttons would be removed from the mobile platform PRIOR to any alternative solution being implemented there is insanity. Microsoft seem to have no conception that we intend to rely on Power BI on mobile platforms as much as, if not more than on the web service. It's operated as if a second class citizen.

I've held off going live with a field force trial on Power BI for iOS three times due to back end functionality changes breaking visuals. Engagement from Microsoft on the instability of their production platform seems very minimal.

I feel less and less able to recommend Power BI to anyone after previously talking it up to anyone that would listen. A year ago I thought I was seeing a new Microsoft. The feeling has faded.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Agree. None of our chart's have drill down buttons anymore. Doesn't work on tablets or Power BI online.

I've been getting calls from the business all day.

Will lodge a Microsoft ticket soon.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I haven't confirme this but you can try posting it as an issue, that is the quickest way to get a bug resolved.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/360879-issues

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors