Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ramz45
Helper I
Helper I

Drill Through Filter - Right Click not working on any mobile divice

Hello, The Drill Through Filter workflow needs the user to Right Click on a data entry and select "Drill Though" option to take you to the second page where the filter is set up. However, the Right Click option does not work on both IOS and Andriod devices. I tried both Power Bi app and publish to web to open the report in a browser. Tried both Chrome and Safari. To be clear, right click functionality does not work - as in no menu pops up for me to select the drill though option. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Drill through is not supported today on the mobile app.

It is ranked high on our priority list and we're planning to work on that next year.

I would assume it will be available during Q1 of 2018.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The recent update only partially resolved the problem... Drill Through doesnt work on Matrix and Table.

Hello @Anonymous,

July release of Power BI Desktop has now tooltip for Table and Matrix visuals (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2018-feature-summary/).

With that, drill up/down/through in mobile is enabled for these visuals.

Make sure you enable tooltips in desktop for those visuals (there is a new toggle option to enable/disable tooltip).

Thanks Maya

Hi Maya,

Tooltip option is available now in desktop version , but DRILL THROUGH is still not enabled on mobile versions.

is there any option that needs to enabled to get drill through option on ipads.

Thanks

You only need to enable it once in desktop and re-publish your report to the service.

Make sure that you have a report page defined as Drill Through filter.

To access the tooltip and drill through you need to long tap on the data point you want to drill from.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-through-and-report-server-configuration-with-mdm-tool...

Maya

Hi Maya,

I have enabled tooltip on a matrix visual and published report to powerbi.com. I am not getting any DRILL THROUGH pop up when i double click on the attribute on my ipad.

Could you confirm if drill through option is enabled in this release.

Thanks

Same issue here. The right click option is essentially not available

right click is not possible in touch devices. to access the tooltip and drill through you need a long tap on the data point you want to drill from.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-through-and-report-server-configuration-with-mdm-tool...

Maya

HI Maya,

I tried "Double Tap" and "Long Tap" on a attribute in a matrix visual on touch device . I am not getting any DRILL THROUGH popup option.

Update: I change MATRIX visual to a bar chart and i am able to LONG TAP to get drill through option.

Can you please confirm if DRILLTHROUGH option is enableb on TABLE and MATRIX views.

Thanks

Can you make sure that tooltip is turned on for the matrix?

In web, Edit Report and then check that tooltip toggle is set to "on".

Maya 

Yes, I have enabled Tooltip option to ON .

First i did in powerbi desktop . I double checked by clicking on edit report on WEB verison also.

Under tooltip Option, I dont see "TYPE"  and "PAGE" sub-options. is this an issue?

Thanks

Can you please contact us through our support mail - Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

We will need screenshot of the report with the tooltip when you use matrix and bar chart.

Thanks Maya

Hello,

can you confirm if DRILLTHROUGH functionality can be achieved on TABLE/MATRIX visuals on touch screeen devices.

I have sent details to mpbi support also. no reply as of now.

Thanks

Hey @revansh,

Drill through should work in mobile for Table and Matrix, if you built drill through for your report.

In addition to defining drill through, you need to enable tooltip in Power BI Desktop for the visual and publish your report to the service.

Once published, in the mobile app, open your report, long tap on a data point to get the tooltip, and you will have side-arrow button for drill through from this data point to another report page.

Thanks, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.... I see that this DOES work in the mobile app (including Tabes and Matrix visuals if tooltips are enabled). It however does not appear to work from mobile/tablet browesers though either from the service report, or from ublish to web link.... can you confirm, and if this will become available?

Hey @Anonymous,

We do not support that in mobile browser, only in Power BI Mobile app.

Regards, Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav

Thank you for the prompt response. Is there any reason why it can;t be supported, or if there is any possibility that it would be supported in the future? Seems kind of a pity to have it supported everywhere else but on mobile/tablet browsers....?

Clinton

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav,

I have my reports on a Report Server and I followed all the instructions to get the drill through working, but I still don't have it for table and matrix.

For Bar Charts, I have the option to drill through but when I click on the drill through arrow nothing happen.

Can you help me to sort it out please ?

Kind regards,

Mohammad PATEL

Hey @Anonymous,

1) Regarding Table and Matrix, verify that you have the most recent PBIRS version (August release), and that you enabled (in Power BI Desktop) the tooltip for the matrix or table visual.

2) Regarding the bar chart, once you tap on the drill through icon (side-arrow), the content of the tooltip should changed, and you should now see the pages that you can drill through. you need to choose the report page you want to drill through.

image01

Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mshenhav,

Thanks for the bar chart is working now, it is not very intuitive.

I confirm that I have the last Report Server (august 2018) and I've enabled the tooltips for both matrix and table visuals but it's not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mshenhav,

While I was updating the reports, I tried again and the drill through feature worked for 10 minutes. I quit Power BI App on iOS and tried again it does not work anymore.

Can we sort it out ?

Mohammad PATEL

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors