cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshenhav Established Member
Established Member

Re: Drill Through Filter - Right Click not working on any mobile divice

You only need to enable it once in desktop and re-publish your report to the service.

Make sure that you have a report page defined as Drill Through filter.

To access the tooltip and drill through you need to long tap on the data point you want to drill from.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-through-and-report-server-configuration-with-mdm-tool...

Maya

Established Member

right click is not possible in touch devices. to access the tooltip and drill through you need a long tap on the data point you want to drill from.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/drill-through-and-report-server-configuration-with-mdm-tool...

Maya

ramz45 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Maya, will this work on the reports published to the web? I wonder if you are talking about the funcationality being available on the mobile app.

Established Member

Mobile app only...

ramz45 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you. Any idea when this will be developed for mobile browsers?

revansh Member

HI Maya,

I tried "Double Tap" and "Long Tap" on a attribute in a matrix visual on touch device . I am not getting any DRILL THROUGH popup option.

Update: I change MATRIX visual to a bar chart and i am able to LONG TAP to get drill through option.

Can you please confirm if DRILLTHROUGH option is enableb on TABLE and MATRIX views.

Thanks

Highlighted
Established Member

Can you make sure that tooltip is turned on for the matrix?

In web, Edit Report and then check that tooltip toggle is set to "on".

Maya 

revansh Member

Yes, I have enabled Tooltip option to ON .

First i did in powerbi desktop . I double checked by clicking on edit report on WEB verison also.

Under tooltip Option, I dont see "TYPE"  and "PAGE" sub-options. is this an issue?

Thanks

Established Member

Can you please contact us through our support mail - Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

We will need screenshot of the report with the tooltip when you use matrix and bar chart.

Thanks Maya

revansh Member

HI Maya,

We have enabled "Tooltip" preview feature under "OPTIONs and SETTINGs" , added a tooltip page and linked it to a attribute on a MATRIX VISUAL. in power service, when we hover over the attribute in matrix visual, we can see tooltip and when we right click on the attribute we are getting DRILLTHROUGH option.

But same report DRILLTHROUGH is not working on mobile touch devices(we tried double tapping and long hold).Sent a mail to
mpbisup@microsoft.com also.

Thanks