Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ramz45
Helper I
Helper I

Drill Through Filter - Right Click not working on any mobile divice

Hello, The Drill Through Filter workflow needs the user to Right Click on a data entry and select "Drill Though" option to take you to the second page where the filter is set up. However, the Right Click option does not work on both IOS and Andriod devices. I tried both Power Bi app and publish to web to open the report in a browser. Tried both Chrome and Safari. To be clear, right click functionality does not work - as in no menu pops up for me to select the drill though option. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Drill through is not supported today on the mobile app.

It is ranked high on our priority list and we're planning to work on that next year.

I would assume it will be available during Q1 of 2018.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

Hi @Anonymous

Can you please send us (mpbisup@microsoft.com) below information:

-Include, the extact app version and OS version in your mail.

-Screenshots of the issue.

-Do you keep see this issue, and need to kill the app all the time?

Thanks, Yariv

HI Maya,

We have enabled "Tooltip" preview feature under "OPTIONs and SETTINGs" , added a tooltip page and linked it to a attribute on a MATRIX VISUAL. in power service, when we hover over the attribute in matrix visual, we can see tooltip and when we right click on the attribute we are getting DRILLTHROUGH option.

But same report DRILLTHROUGH is not working on mobile touch devices(we tried double tapping and long hold).Sent a mail to
mpbisup@microsoft.com also.

Thanks

Hi Maya, will this work on the reports published to the web? I wonder if you are talking about the funcationality being available on the mobile app.

Mobile app only...

Thank you. Any idea when this will be developed for mobile browsers?

Hi Maya, the documentation on the page does not mention anything about drill through feature being available.

I will test it out now to confirm.

Hey @Anonymous,

Drill Through doesnt work on Matrix and Table since we don't have tooltip for those visuals in mobile.

We are working on adding tooltip, and once completed, you will be able to enjoy drill through as well.

Thanks Maya

Hi Maya,

When is drill-through functionality available on TABLES and MATRIX visuals. badly wiating for it. Any ETA will be helpful.

in response to:

Hey @GeneralMazuta,

Drill Through doesnt work on Matrix and Table since we don't have tooltip for those visuals in mobile.

We are working on adding tooltip, and once completed, you will be able to enjoy drill through as well.

Thanks Maya

Thanks

Hey @revansh,

July release of Power BI Desktop has now tooltip for Table and Matrix visuals (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2018-feature-summary/).

With that, drill up/down/through in mobile is enabled for these visuals.

Make sure you enable tooltips in desktop for those visuals (there is a new toggle option to enable/disable tooltip).

Thanks, Maya

When will that be? I am being grill by customers everyday... Smiley Frustrated

gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Drill through is not supported today on the mobile app.

It is ranked high on our priority list and we're planning to work on that next year.

I would assume it will be available during Q1 of 2018.

Thanks,

Gabi

What about right click to drill through in "Publish to Web" link? This was working untill last year.

Have they removed the feature?

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

The feature works on the "Publish to Web" option, but only on full PCs. Does not work on mobil browsers.

I have similar issue and it does not work on my PC at the PBI desktop. After i select the columns i want to 'Drillthrough to' and i go to the main visualization, rightclicking on the visualition that links to the column on the next page only gives me 2 options: Show data and Export data.

Please any help would be appreciated as to how i can get the drillthrough option when i right click on the visualization

Thank you

Hey @Kofijoe,

Best place to post PBI Desktop related question is here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer.

Regarding drill through - you need to build your report to support drill through. you can see in this movie on what are the required steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9lLHDbtDk

The mobile team is working on adding that feature to our mobile app. We expect it to be ready in few weeks.

Thanks, Maya 

@Maya Thank you for pointing me to the right link.

I watched the video yesterday and i have been able to set the page i want to 'drillthrough to'. When i come to the main visualization and right-click, there is not drillthrough option to select. I only see show data and export data. 

And i selected the columns for the drllthrough what i have in my main visualization.

Kindly help if you have an idea

KofiJoe

Looks like the drill through option has not been added to work on mobile browsers yet.

Seriously lacking.

Hey @Kofijoe,

Are you missing drill through on Poer BI Mobile app only or also on desktop and web as well?

If it is only mobile, then that's because mobile does not have drill through yet (will be added to the app very soon).

If you are having touble with desktop as well, please post your question here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer

Thanks Maya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mshenhav,

Do we have any ETA when this featyre would be added to the mobile App. It is available on the iPad but not on the mobile. 

Thanks

Pulkit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors