cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ramz45 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Drill Through Filter - Right Click not working on any mobile divice

Hello, The Drill Through Filter workflow needs the user to Right Click on a data entry and select "Drill Though" option to take you to the second page where the filter is set up. However, the Right Click option does not work on both IOS and Andriod devices. I tried both Power Bi app and publish to web to open the report in a browser. Tried both Chrome and Safari. To be clear, right click functionality does not work - as in no menu pops up for me to select the drill though option. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator gabil

Re: Drill Through Filter - Right Click not working on any mobile divice

Hi,

Drill through is not supported today on the mobile app.

It is ranked high on our priority list and we're planning to work on that next year.

I would assume it will be available during Q1 of 2018.

Thanks,

Gabi

39 REPLIES 39
Moderator gabil

Hi,

Drill through is not supported today on the mobile app.

It is ranked high on our priority list and we're planning to work on that next year.

I would assume it will be available during Q1 of 2018.

Thanks,

Gabi

ibarrau Senior Member

What about right click to drill through in "Publish to Web" link? This was working untill last year.

Have they removed the feature?

Regards,

ramz45 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

The feature works on the "Publish to Web" option, but only on full PCs. Does not work on mobil browsers.

Kofijoe Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have similar issue and it does not work on my PC at the PBI desktop. After i select the columns i want to 'Drillthrough to' and i go to the main visualization, rightclicking on the visualition that links to the column on the next page only gives me 2 options: Show data and Export data.

Please any help would be appreciated as to how i can get the drillthrough option when i right click on the visualization

Thank you

Power BI Team mshenhav
Power BI Team

Hey @Kofijoe,

Best place to post PBI Desktop related question is here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer.

Regarding drill through - you need to build your report to support drill through. you can see in this movie on what are the required steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9lLHDbtDk

The mobile team is working on adding that feature to our mobile app. We expect it to be ready in few weeks.

Thanks, Maya 

Kofijoe Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Maya Thank you for pointing me to the right link.

I watched the video yesterday and i have been able to set the page i want to 'drillthrough to'. When i come to the main visualization and right-click, there is not drillthrough option to select. I only see show data and export data. 

And i selected the columns for the drllthrough what i have in my main visualization.

Kindly help if you have an idea

KofiJoe

Power BI Team mshenhav
Power BI Team

Hey @Kofijoe,

Are you missing drill through on Poer BI Mobile app only or also on desktop and web as well?

If it is only mobile, then that's because mobile does not have drill through yet (will be added to the app very soon).

If you are having touble with desktop as well, please post your question here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer

Thanks Maya

ramz45 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Looks like the drill through option has not been added to work on mobile browsers yet.

Seriously lacking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The recent update only partially resolved the problem... Drill Through doesnt work on Matrix and Table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 356 members 3,684 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: