Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MbProg
Helper II
Helper II

Display report in Portray Mode

Hello, I have a dashboard which is displayed on my Android phone in portrait mode. But when clicking it goes to the report modus and displays it in landscape. But I want to display it in portrait mode. I even changed the size of the page of the report to match the portrait modus, but it automatically switchs to landscape, which is not appropriate for the user.

How can I display the reports in portrait modus in Android?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitzhak
Employee
Employee

Currently the reports are displayed only in landscape due to relestate issues. We are working on improving this experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yitzhak
Employee
Employee

Currently the reports are displayed only in landscape due to relestate issues. We are working on improving this experience.

Hi,

Is it possible display reports in portrait now ? is the improving done ?  

Thank you.

Hi @cemreasa

You can customize a phone portrait mode for reports using the Power BI desktop.

This capability is currently in preview.  Phone reports offer greater functionality and ease of use for reports, including drill options and focus mode! You can read this short article on Phone reports functionality to get a sense of the advantages of optimizing for phones.

In addition, optimizing a report for phones is very easy and takes a short amount of time! You can read this guide and see the few steps it takes to create a Phone report.

Hi,

I have the same need, and there's too many limitations on the mobile view that Power BI currently have. I would love to resize my canvas to a phone screen size and have my report shown in portrait. Is that possible now?

Thanks!

Hi @zilaifeng ,

You can add a phone layout to your report pages that will allow you to view your pages in a portrait mode.

If you are using Power BI desktop to edit your repots you can go to the “View” and choose phone layout.

If you are using Power BI service to edit your reports you will have a mobile layout option in the ribbon

In phone layout you will be able to drug and drop visuals that was created in report web page

Please let me know if additional information is required

Thanks,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors