Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

halpowerbi

Dataset Refresh on mobile

Both ios and android apps there isnt an option to refresh dataset manually. In fact on windows I can see datasets and manually refresh them but on mobile apps I cant see the datasets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Indeed, pulling down to refresh works just fine. As a tip, if you don't see the spinning wheel it means that you haven't pulled down enough, try doing it again and it will work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've been asked this question many times and have therefore created a video that explains how you can do it:

https://youtu.be/VOfQGPFxdzY

If you like the video, you might want to subscribe to the channel 🙂

In general, this can be achieved with a flow in Power Automate

GTR
Helper III
Helper III

I don't think that feature is available yet on those platforms. It would be great if that was the case in a future update.

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by refresh the data set.

Every dashboard available in Power BI service is available in the Power BI apps with no refresh needed.

For those times you want to triger a refresh manually in iOS or android when in the dashboard list just pull down the list list to refresh it .

This applays also in the groups list on the right menu.

Indeed, pulling down to refresh works just fine. As a tip, if you don't see the spinning wheel it means that you haven't pulled down enough, try doing it again and it will work.

No, this does not refresh the dataset, only the visual.

For now you can set a scheduled dataset refresh if you are working with a gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Are you sure?

I'm trying to check, but it feels like when scrolling down what is refreshed are the report visuals. 

When refreshing the dataset, Power BI brings the new data from the source.

When refreshing the visuals: "This refresh process is less important because it is only relevant for live connections to Analysis Services. For these connections, Power BI caches the last state of the report visuals so that when you view the report again, Power BI does not have to query the Analysis Services tabular model. When you interact with the report, such as by changing a report filter, Power BI queries the tabular model and updates the report visuals automatically. If you suspect that a report is showing stale data, you can also select the Refresh button of the report to trigger a refresh of all report visuals, as the following screenshot illustrates."

Correct, pulling down the app on Android and IOS does not refresh the dataset, only the visual, so no this does not work yet to refresh the data. If you set up a Gateway you can decide to refresh the data on a scheduled time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors