Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaels
Regular Visitor

Dashboard and reports are empty on Windows 10 PowerBI App

Hi,

I'm using the PowerBI App for Windows 10 and I have two Dashboards and two Reports. If I try to open them, the dashboards / reports stay empty. The dashboards / reports are displayed on the PowerBi website though.

I tried serveral devices (HP, Dell) and several gateways to the internet (company, home office w/o VPN)

My region is Germany. Would be great to know if someone can reproduce the problem.

Cheers Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Chwayita-Momoza
Helper II
Helper II

If you are facing issues with the Power BI App for Windows 10, where dashboards and reports remain empty, while the same dashboards and reports display correctly on the Power BI website, it's possible that there might be some issues with the app or your local environment.

yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @michaels

Can you please upgrade the Power BI app to the latest app version in store and try again?

We had a bug that we fixed around local and region settings that might solve also the issues that you experience.

Please update on status after trying the new app (version 11429).

Hi @yaronc, thank you for your reply! I have version 32.60301.11445.0 but unfortunately the problem still exists. The example dashboards in the PowerBI-App work though.

Hello @michaels, sorry to hear on this experience that you have.

Can you please reach out to PBIWinAppSup@microsoft.com with the following information:

• What is the App version? (just that we will have that information on the email) it would be - 32.60301.11445.0.
  • What is your Windows build?
  • Does it happen to all of your dashboards? Do the dashboards exist under my workspace?
  • Do the dashboards work on the web site?
  • What is the dashboards data source (Excel, pbix, AS, other)?
  • Other device info (from settings => Time & language): Country/Region and Regional format, time zone, language.

For trobuleshooting purposes, can you share one of the dashboards that are empty with me (yaronc@microsoft.com).

*You can do that only if your tenant admin allows that on the admin portal.

Hi @yaronc,

thank you for your advice, I will reach out to PBIWinAppSup and I will share one of the Dashboards which does not show up in the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors