Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sthatte
Frequent Visitor

Custom theme does not work in App on mobile devices

We used a custom theme for one of our reports. The custom theme included a new Font and Font Size for Card Visualization. The new theme works like a charm when the reports are viewed in Power BI Service or the Power BI app on laptop.  However the font goes back to default when the report is viewed via Power BI App on mobile devices (ioS Devices, Surface tablets). Please assist. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sthatte ,

According to my test, I have customed the Font Family , Font Size and Font color for Card visual:

Eyelyn9_2-1635745358026.png

Eyelyn9_0-1635745087629.pngEyelyn9_1-1635745124349.png

On my mobile (Android system), Font size and Font color have been successfully changed.

But Font Family haven't ,which I think is determined by the system settings.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @sthatte 

What you are facing is not related specifically to Theme, you will experience the same behavior if you change the visual text font style as well.

The font you are using when you create the report should be installed on your device in order to view it, otherwise the report will render with the default OS font (in iOS it will be Times New Roman and Android will be Roboto).

I would suggest adding your vote for this request, to help with prioritizing this item higher in our backlog.

Mobile App Font Support

Thanks,

Michal

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sthatte ,

According to my test, I have customed the Font Family , Font Size and Font color for Card visual:

Eyelyn9_2-1635745358026.png

Eyelyn9_0-1635745087629.pngEyelyn9_1-1635745124349.png

On my mobile (Android system), Font size and Font color have been successfully changed.

But Font Family haven't ,which I think is determined by the system settings.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors