Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Visuals no longer working with iPhone app

We have a series of dashboards built for a client using custom visuals. 

They use the iphone app to view these dashboards. 

Since they updated to the latest iphone app this week, the custom visuals no longer render and are replaced with a empty tile with a power bi logo inside.

Is this a problem with the mobile app, or just our custom visual?

(It seems to work fine on Android and Windows Phone).

Thanks

James

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi all,

I'm glad to share that Custom visuals on mobile devices are back.

Please let us know if you still have any issues.

- ron

View solution in original post

Hi,

We have deployed another fix to production. 

To make sure you're using the last js code, please pull to refresh, kill the app and re-actviate it.

We are waiting for your feedback.

Note: We are aware of the slowlyness issue and we'll invest time in it in the coming weeks.

- Ron

Hi Ron

Thanks for this - this seems to have solved the issue. Our custom visuals are appearing across all three platforms. There's definately  a speed issue - but is workable with a small number of visuals.

- Just a note for others - I had to uninstall and reinstall the Power BI app AND reboot on Android before reports would render at all.

Thanks

James

25 REPLIES 25
lrochester
Frequent Visitor

I'm developing for a Client and have experienced the same bug.

Earlier today custom visuals weren't showing on a Windows 10 Mobile but I've just checked again and they're displaying correctly, albeit VERY slowly.

Not sure about ios though.

Windows 10 Mobile - Version 1511. OS Build 10.0.10586.218

Power BI Mobile App - Version 32.60421.11553.0

Hi,

We have deployed another fix to production. 

To make sure you're using the last js code, please pull to refresh, kill the app and re-actviate it.

We are waiting for your feedback.

Note: We are aware of the slowlyness issue and we'll invest time in it in the coming weeks.

- Ron

Hi Ron

Thanks for this - this seems to have solved the issue. Our custom visuals are appearing across all three platforms. There's definately  a speed issue - but is workable with a small number of visuals.

- Just a note for others - I had to uninstall and reinstall the Power BI app AND reboot on Android before reports would render at all.

Thanks

James

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hello everyone. Still facing issue in iPhone to view custom visual. Power BI team please help resolve this asap as the dashboards are used by our clients. Thanks !

Image-1.png

we are still experiencing this issue (along with other sandbox related issues logged in that forum by one of my colleagues).

Is there a time frame to get this resolved?

Hi @jamesdales,

We are aware of this, unfortunately there is a temporary issue with costume visuals on Power BI mobile apps.

We are working on fixing this urgently.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and will update soon.

Thanks,

The Power BI mobile team

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@RomiK Hi Romi. Any update on this issue ? This is very critical and needs to be resolved at the earliest as clients are using the same. Thanks!

Hi, @ashishrj

We understand the urgency of the issue and are working every means to fix the problem as soon as possible.

We are having the same issues.  We are in the middle of doing our Proof of Concept and doing presentations of the tool.  SMH as I demo the mobile app capabilities to my CEO and nothing works --- embarassing to say the least.  Please fix ASAP.

Hi all,

I'm glad to share that Custom visuals on mobile devices are back.

Please let us know if you still have any issues.

- ron

@rongi  You have marked this answer as the solution.  This problem has not yet been resolved.  Please refer to this more recent post by @jamesdales.  I am also experiencing exactly same problem.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Custom-Visuals-no-longer-working-with-iPhone-app/m-p/315...

Hi,

We have resolved the original issue, but apperntly we can confirm there's still another issue. We are actively working on the solution now.

Hi 

Custom visuals still aren't working (tested on Android and Windows Phone with multiple custom visuals on reports and tiles).

Do we need a new version of the mobile app? Is available to download directly?

Thanks,

James

Custom visual working on iPhone since last Friday. Haven't tested on Android phone !

Can confirm that my report (created thursday) with a custom component is working (Ipad and Iphone) since friday. BUT i created some new reports with custom components this sunday and they are not working. 

I've done some further testing. (see http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Custom-Visuals-Sandbox-is-coming-Here-s-what-you-need-to-k...

It appears that Sandboxing has been removed for visuals downloaded from the gallery - presumably why some now work.

HOWEVER - visuals created by us (for our customers) do still not work. They show as an icon in tiles and not rendered at all in reports. 

mobile.png

@jamesdales, this is exactly the same as what I am experiencing.

Hello Power BI Team,

Again the same issue with Custom visual not showing up on iPhone.

This has to be resolved as clients are currently using constantly and dependent on the same.

update: now showing visuals - just with no data

Hi @james

Can you share a snapshot of the visual on web and on mobile?

also please provide the following details:

Type of mobile device type:

OS version:  

Region/country/language:

App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):

Name of the dashboard:

Steps to re-create the issue you reported:

Thank you for your help,

Power BI for Mobile Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors