Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

npanday

Could not authenticate because your corporate SSL certificate is untrusted by this device.

We are currently in the onboarding phase with office 365 and had previously tested the PowerBI app with the .onmicrosoft credentials &  everything was working fine

Currently Our users are trying to login with the domain account to the PowerBI app from their Android devices but are getting an Error Couldn’t authenticate because your corporate SSL certificate isn’t trusted By this device. Please contact administrator

We have ADFS in our environment and Forms and windows based authentication is enabled , this issue is seen across all Andriod devices 

So far we have tested with Multiple Android devices and all of them have the same result

My own android device is  ASUS XENFONE Android Version 8.1.0 power bi and other apps are latest and up to date 

We have tested by installing the certificate on the phone device and the error changes to cannot authenticate contact your administrator

I have updated Chrome and Andriod system viewer to the latest version and tested but still doesn’t work

IOS works fine no issues , please advise on how to get this to work on Andriod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
npanday

We raised a support request with mpbisup@microsoft.com and were suggested to follow the steps mentioned here 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3203929/using-adal-to-authenticate-from-android-devices-fai...

We will be making the changes over the weekend so will update this post next week to update if this worked for us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
npanday

We raised a support request with mpbisup@microsoft.com and were suggested to follow the steps mentioned here 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3203929/using-adal-to-authenticate-from-android-devices-fai...

We will be making the changes over the weekend so will update this post next week to update if this worked for us

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This really does not sound like a Power BI issue. There are likely much better forums for your issue. But, you may luck out and someone else has seen something similar.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors