Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manusen
Frequent Visitor

Content Pack - Error

Hello, 

I have an Issue with the content packages. So I updated some reports and also add some new for my internal users and the problem is, that since last week Power BI seems a little buggy. 

Some of the reports that I loaded up, will show up just as a blank white page for my users, even though I have the full view on them.

Some reports from me, also show a totally different owner, which seems to be a data analyst (found him on linkedin) i am not in the slightest related to. 

Also for the reports, where i didnt create any roles. 

I am just confused...

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

KR,

Manuel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Xiaoxin,

so the microsoft power bi team contacted me about this issue and it got solved with publishing all my reports within apps. before i just used the data content packages to hand out my reports to the internal users and which are probably still buggy.

So thanks a lot for your help and your time.

Best regards, 

Manuel !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo987

hello, I am having this error. I am unable to access the content packs. And, I don't know why I am having this issue. Please help me to solve this issue. What is the procedure to resolve this error? please provide more info on this!

Eduardo987

hello, I am having this error. I am unable to access the content packs. And, I don't know why I am having this issue. Please help me to solve this issue. What is the procedure to resolve this error? please provide more info on this!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manusen,

>>Some of the reports that I loaded up, will show up just as a blank white page for my users, even though I have the full view on them.

I think these reports are from content pack, right? It seems like your users not has access permission to view and load data form datest.

>>Some reports from me, also show a totally different owner, which seems to be a data analyst (found him on linkedin) i am not in the slightest related to. 

If your contents are get data from a content pack which published and shared from other user, he still the owner of these shared contents so owner is marked as him.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

thanks a lot for the quick reply.

>>If your contents are get data from a content pack which published and shared from other user, he still the owner of these shared contents so owner is marked as him.

Yes, the reports are from the content pack but my users have full access to the data sets. Even new created data packages with full access for my stakeholder can have the same problem (seeing blank pages again) after a while.

>>If your contents are get data from a content pack which published and shared from other user, he still the owner of these shared contents so owner is marked as him.

That problem was probably just a bug, it doesnt show up anymore (seems to be somehow solved). I am the only one within my organisation, who has access and publishing the reports so to see another user as report owner was not really understandable. 

Kindly regards,

Manuel

HI @manusen,

>>That problem was probably just a bug, it doesnt show up anymore (seems to be somehow solved). I am the only one within my organisation, who has access and publishing the reports so to see another user as report owner was not really understandable. 

Which content pack are you test, can you please provide more detailed information?( content pack name, test device, mobile app version if you are test on power bi mobile app)

BTW, did this pack provide by Microsoft team?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

so the microsoft power bi team contacted me about this issue and it got solved with publishing all my reports within apps. before i just used the data content packages to hand out my reports to the internal users and which are probably still buggy.

So thanks a lot for your help and your time.

Best regards, 

Manuel !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors