Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cmncp
Helper III
Helper III

Conditional formatting font color in table not working on mobile device

I have a table visual which has conditional formatting turned on.  The font color of a column changes to red or green depending on if value is < or > 0.  This works well in Desktop and the PBI service, but when I open the report in either iPhone or iPad, the conditional formatting is not working.  The value is always displayed in black.

Has anyone else had this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewHasman
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am having the same issue. Using UNICHAR(128308) when a value is 1, format font to green, else no format. Works fine on desktop and web service, but app for IOS shows all as red. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey @AndrewHasman,

I am unable to make the below work in Power BI desktop. Can you please share a sample PBIX file that works in desktop for you?

Thanks, Maya

cmncp
Helper III
Helper III

After further testing, I have narrowed down the problem.  The column I was formatting was a traffic light colume, which is simply a calculated column with the formula "=UNICHAR(9899)".  It seems that the conditional formatting is failing when using the UNICHAR value.

Anyone know any other options to get a circular traffic light in a table?

Hey @cmncp,

Can you please share with us the PBIX file (to mpbisup@microsoft.com)? 

I was trying to reproduce the issue, but could not get the font color change to for that specific unichar, both in desktop and web...

other unichar (UNICHAR(9650) for example) is working as expected in all platforms (inc. mobile)

Thanks, Maya

Hi @mshenhav  Thanks for the reply.  I have narrowed the problem down further.  I created sample project (which I will email to you), and I have tried it on 2 different computers.  On one, the circle is showing green and red in PBI Desktop, but on the other it is always black, as you are seeing.  The only difference is the OS.  The one where it works is Windows 7, while the one where it doesn't is Windows 10.  Could this explain the problem?

In the mean time, I have changed from a circle to a square character, and the conditional formatting now works everwhere.  I am using UNICHAR(9632).

Hey @cmncp,

Since the problem exists only for specific char and in all platforms (and not mobile specific issue), can you please post your issue at Power BI Desktop forum (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer)? They should be able to better investigate it.

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors