Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot open reports in Power BI app on iPad/iOS from a shared dashboard

Hi,

I have an issue on iPad/iOS, where users cannot open the underlying reports from a shared dashboard within the Power BI app. For any dashboard that's in the user's 'share with me' section, the dashboard itself opens fine in the Power BI app but the underlying repors(s) won't open. This is only the case within the Power BI app and only if the dashboard is accessed through the 'shared with me' section:

- all reports are accessible through all dashboards outside of the Power BI app (e.g.: from the Power BI service through a browser) from the 'share with me section'.

- alle reports are accessible within the Power BI app, if the dashboard is accessed through a workspace instead of the 'shared with me' section. So the same dashboard accessed through a workspace instead of the 'shared with me' sections correctly allows access to the underlying reports.

I already tried updating the Power BI app to the latest version (13.6) but that did not help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I test with both import and live mode on last version of power bi ios app, but they all works.

Below are some test result:

1. Same domain and workspace.
2. Same domain different workspace(not the member).
3. External domain share dashboard to current account.

Perhaps you can report this issue to power bi mobile team with detail operation/trace log.

Capture Traffic from iOS Device

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

>>This is only the case within the Power BI app and only if the dashboard is accessed through the 'shared with me' section

Do you means the share to other app features?

If this is a case, I think this feature is different than original share function and navigate to report function seems not works properly on it. I'd like to suggest you use publish to web feature to share the original reports.

Reference link:
Publish to web from Power BI

Regards,

Xiaxoin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaxoin,

I mean a dashboard that has been shared with a user within the same corporate domain, but who is not a member of the specific workgroup that hosts this dashboard and the underlying reports and datasets.

Such a shared dashboard opens correctly in the user's Power BI app on iPad, but from this app this user cannot access the underlying reports (the option to do so exists but doesn't do anything). If this same user opens this same dashboard from the online Power BI Service instead of the app, this user *can* access the underlying reports without problems.

Also, if the user is a member of the workspace that hosts this dashboard and the uses opens the dashboard in the App from this workspace instead of from the 'shared with me' list, the user can also access the underlying reports. If this users opens the dashboard in the App from the 'shared with me' list, the user still cannot access the reports.

Finally, it seems like this problem only appears with dashboards that use a live connection to a datasource (in this case an Analysis Services Database). A dashboard that does not use a live connection but connects to a dataset does allow the user to access the underlying reports from the App, both when accessed from the 'share with me' list or from the workgroup.

Regards,

Joop van den Heuvel

Hi @Anonymous,

I test with both import and live mode on last version of power bi ios app, but they all works.

Below are some test result:

1. Same domain and workspace.
2. Same domain different workspace(not the member).
3. External domain share dashboard to current account.

Perhaps you can report this issue to power bi mobile team with detail operation/trace log.

Capture Traffic from iOS Device

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors