Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot add the Xero app to connect data in Microsoft Power BI (either online or the desktop version)

Hi all,

Like many others it seems whenever I try and add the Xero app to my Power BI account it comes up with an error. After my IT team have tried for several hours; I contacted Xero and they told me to contact Microsoft. Helpful as ever....

Not sure why clearly so many people having this exact problem for what looks like several months and this hasn't been fixed as a matter of priority. 

Error message below:

• Activity ID74b85090-ae8e-4c43-8432-a80ef7714b4e
  • Request ID7a865b7b-71e3-aceb-234c-16e1024955d4
  • Correlation ID5f8fc463-4f26-76b3-f5b2-a6fc86a655be
  • TimeTue Sep 01 2020 10:39:23 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)
  • Service version13.0.14205.60
  • Client version2008.4.02508-train
  • Cluster URI https://wabi-uk-south-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please can someone advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

According to your description, it seems more related to power bi Xero connector. I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket to report this or switch to using a web connector to get data from xero rest api to instead.

XeroConnect integration 

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

BTW, did other tools work well to connect Xero on your device? If all tools not works, please double check on your device firewall rules and network privacy setting to confirm if they block the request to connect to Xero data source.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

According to your description, it seems more related to power bi Xero connector. I'd like to suggest you open a support ticket to report this or switch to using a web connector to get data from xero rest api to instead.

XeroConnect integration 

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

BTW, did other tools work well to connect Xero on your device? If all tools not works, please double check on your device firewall rules and network privacy setting to confirm if they block the request to connect to Xero data source.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors