Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot Login To Embedded Report On iPhone

I can login to an embedded report on my computer but not on my iPhone. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

Below is the response from Microsoft Support that Microsoft DO NOT SUPPORT EMBEDDING REPORTS FOR BROWSERS ON AN IPHONE. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING as it impacts many.

Apology for delay.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

We checked with our team and they recommend that users on the iPhone use our dedicated iPhone app Microsoft Power BI on the App Store (apple.com)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
mbalslow

I was able to solve this using the Edge browser on iPhone by going into settings -> Edge -> and then enable "Allow Cross-Website Tracking"

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest versions of Edge and Chrome. Also cookies are enabled on the iPhone so that this would not affect the login requirement when using the embedded report and where authentication is required.

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

Below is the response from Microsoft Support that Microsoft DO NOT SUPPORT EMBEDDING REPORTS FOR BROWSERS ON AN IPHONE. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING as it impacts many.

Apology for delay.

We checked with our team and they recommend that users on the iPhone use our dedicated iPhone app Microsoft Power BI on the App Store (apple.com)

This has moved up the ladder at Microsoft I believe and we are waiting for the response.

Latest response from MS support: 

It's limitation, it is not supported for browsers in iPhone, we will get the document updated .

But we have escalated the issue to our internal team.

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

Below is the response from Microsoft Support that Microsoft DO NOT SUPPORT EMBEDDING REPORTS FOR BROWSERS ON AN IPHONE. This is VERY DISAPPOINTING as it impacts partners.

Apology for delay.

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

TrackingID#2204090040001281 - Associated to the issue and still for some ideas on resolution.

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

Image of screen and just returns to the same each time. Can login fine using Power BI app on mobile and so not sure why does not login through embedded report on www.OlapOffice.com on mobile. Works fine through computer. Reports - (olapoffice.com)

Web.PNG

OlapOffice
Helper II
Helper II

IOS 15.4.1.Tried latest versions of Edge and Chrome. When click on the login button it just returns to the button. Report is embedded. Works on droid and on computer but not my iPhone. No error messages.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OlapOffice ,

Any updates?Did you just want to view the report on IOS device?

We need more information such as your version of Power Mobile App, details about your scenario, some error messages...

Here is a similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Embedding-in-our-mobile-app/td-p/599547'

For reference:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Image of screen and just returns to the same each time. Can login fine using Power BI app on mobile and so not sure why does not login through embedded report on www.OlapOffice.com on mobile. Works fine through computer. Reports - (olapoffice.com)Web.PNG

IOS 15.4.1.Tried latest versions of Edge and Chrome. When click on the login button it just returns to the button. Report is embedded. Works on droid and on computer but not my iPhone. No error messages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors