Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TM_Visual
Advocate III
Advocate III

'Can't open link' from dashboard tiles in PowerBI Android app

I don't know how to re-open an issue, because the solution listed in this post from last year still occurs, and the suggested fix has not worked.

To repeat the issue reported by that user; I have a dashboard as part of an app in a Power BI Premium workspace. On that dashboard, there is a tile with text only. It is set to be a link to a report in that same workspace. On the web service, when I click on the tile I am taken to the report. On the android mobile app, I get a message box pop up saying 'Can't open link'.

This issue is replicated when trying to use any 'link tile' on any dashboard in another workspace.

I am an admin in both dashboards where I have found the problem, and in both cases am the one that published the reports, created the dashboards and tiles, updated the app, and own the data.

I have:

- re-published the app

- uninstalled and reinstalled the android app

- restarted the Lenovo tab tablet.

The problem still occurs in all cases.

On the dashboard, I have amended it to include a visual 'pinned' from the report I can't access through the tile. I can use this pinned visual sucessfully, as designed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @TM_Visual,

We just released a new version to Google Play with a fix for that issue. Please look for version 2123329.

Thanks for reporting this issue,

Maya

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TM_Visual
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi, I have this issue on a Galaxy S8 mobile phone running Android version 9, PBI app 2122888

and an Android Lenovo Tab tablet running Android 7.1.1 , PBI app 2122888

Hey @TM_Visual,

We just released a new version to Google Play with a fix for that issue. Please look for version 2123329.

Thanks for reporting this issue,

Maya

oreduar
Employee
Employee

hi @TM_Visual ,

thanks for your report 

we are checking the issue and will update

Ori

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TM_Visual,

What version of power bi mobile app did you test? Android device version? Have you tested with other android devices? 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors