Frequent Visitor

Can Power BI Mixed Reality app with Hololens scan barcodes?

I know that the Mixed Reality app supports the scanning of QR codes, but does it also support the scanning of barcodes like the iOS app?

Community Support Team

Re: Can Power BI Mixed Reality app with Hololens scan barcodes?

HI @nscharer,

Which feature you means? Scan barcode to enable filters on power bi mobile app reports or direct recognize barcode?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

Scan barcode to enable filters on power bi mobile app.

Community Support Team

Hi @nscharer,

AFAIK, current power bi mobile for uwp version not contains scanner features. Hololens also use uwp version, I'm not so sure if power bi mobile team release a specified for hololens.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Regular Visitor

I think it is a specific version, because of the integrated mixed reality mode. But the whole app is not really good, because of the missing barcode scan feature / no URL filtering for the QR Code. I tried it last week, doesn’t work. I created a report for our warehouse to get informations about the articles, and the label contains the QR Code (URL with Filter to the report).
Established Member

Hey @DennisJung,

Power BI App for Mixed Reality does not support barcode scanning. It does support QR code scanning, but at this point without URL query string filter. 

if you find this a feature that is missing in the app, please add your vote to our user voice website: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939

Thank you,

Maya