Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Power BI Mixed Reality app with Hololens scan barcodes?

I know that the Mixed Reality app supports the scanning of QR codes, but does it also support the scanning of barcodes like the iOS app?

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Which feature you means? Scan barcode to enable filters on power bi mobile app reports or direct recognize barcode?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scan barcode to enable filters on power bi mobile app.

Hi @Anonymous,

AFAIK, current power bi mobile for uwp version not contains scanner features. Hololens also use uwp version, I'm not so sure if power bi mobile team release a specified for hololens.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I think it is a specific version, because of the integrated mixed reality mode. But the whole app is not really good, because of the missing barcode scan feature / no URL filtering for the QR Code. I tried it last week, doesn’t work. I created a report for our warehouse to get informations about the articles, and the label contains the QR Code (URL with Filter to the report).

Hey @DennisJung,

Power BI App for Mixed Reality does not support barcode scanning. It does support QR code scanning, but at this point without URL query string filter. 

if you find this a feature that is missing in the app, please add your vote to our user voice website: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939

Thank you,

Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors