Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Browser and App data different

Hello, i am having a problem with one of my users not being able to see data on the App. They can see the correct data on the browser version and onlyhave 1 report shared with them so it not a wrong link clicked. I have made sure the app is up to date and tried logging them into another phone which does work to check on that side of things. What else could I try and what could be the problem?

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

correct, they can see on the browser but not on the app. They only have one report shared with them. They are using android.

Hi @samdthompson,

What version of the android system are you test? The raw android system or modification versions? As the document said, we recommend you to use android 5.0 or later to works with better compatibility.

Get started with the Power BI mobile app on Android devices#get-the-app 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey @samdthompson 

Can you please send Power BI Mobile support email (mpbisup@microsoft.com) with screen captures from app and mobile browser? 

Can you please also specify what type of sharing was used to share the artifact - was the user added as viewer to the workspace or did the owner shared the report via "share" action. 

Thanks Maya

Thanks Maya

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

No that, didnt work.

Hey @samdthompson ,

Can please confirm the issue you are having - that only from a specific device the user cannot see the report, while when connected from a different phone it DOES work and the report exists?

If the user is using a link to the report, does it work?

What app are you using (iOS or Android)?

Where does the report appear (under "shared with me", "workspace", "apps")?

Thanks, Maya

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @samdthompson ,

Can you try pull to refresh from app's home page? this will force the app to fetch data from the service, and not use cache. 

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors