Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wvanoeveren
Regular Visitor

Blank page on iPhone Power BI app

Hello,

I created a very easy (test) report using Power BI Desktop app. The SQL Server is on-premises and it contains a simple query to 1 table. Everything shows up fine on the desktop app and i can publish it correctly to myWorkspace (own/private). When i open up the iPhone app i can see the link to the report but when opening up this one it appears as an empty page. Is it because of the on-premises server? Or do i need to open up specific ports/settings on my firewall ? Or ... ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wvanoeveren ,

For some data source reports, you need to configure the gateway data source to see the report.

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and several Microsoft cloud services. By using a gateway, organizations can keep databases and other data sources on their on-premises networks, yet securely use that on-premises data in cloud services. More details refer to What is an on-premises data gateway?

After you install an on-premises data gateway, you can manage it or add a gateway data source, refer to

Manage an on-premises data gateway

Add or remove a gateway data source

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wvanoeveren
Regular Visitor

No unfortenately not. But i see an error there which i couldn't see on the iPhone. 

There is no gateway to access the data source .... . Verify the gateway connection configuration on the datasettings page and make sure all required data sources are added to the selected data gateway.There is no gateway to access the data source {0}. Verify the gateway connection configuration on the {1} and make sure all required data sources are added to the selected data gateway.

Hi @wvanoeveren ,

For some data source reports, you need to configure the gateway data source to see the report.

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and several Microsoft cloud services. By using a gateway, organizations can keep databases and other data sources on their on-premises networks, yet securely use that on-premises data in cloud services. More details refer to What is an on-premises data gateway?

After you install an on-premises data gateway, you can manage it or add a gateway data source, refer to

Manage an on-premises data gateway

Add or remove a gateway data source

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @wvanoeveren ,

Are you able to view the report from your broswer?

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors